The XLogic MADI-X8 from Solid State Logic is an affordable, powerful and versatile 8 port MADI routing system, and is the perfect solution for audio distribution and aggregation challenges found in a broad range of professional environments. These include broadcast production studios and outside broadcast vehicles, large scale film/game scoring, multi-room studio complexes requiring real time asset sharing and live sound.
In addition to offering simple point-to-point bulk routing, the unit offers source distribution (single source to many destinations), device splitting (any combination of individual channels to any destination) and source aggregation (a single 64 channel output consists of any combination of channels from various inputs). It provides a 512 x 512 point routing matrix controlled by cross-platform SSL Logictivity browser software, making the creation of even the most complex routing configurations very straightforward.
The hardware itself can store up to 128 presets and continues to function when the broser software is disconnected. The MADI-X8 can act as a master clock source or as a clock distribution system via its MADI and/or Wordclock connections. It has Intelligent Clock Sensing with Auto Failover which can monitor both a Primary Master Clock and a Secondary Clock source and switch automatically should the master clock source fail. Up to four units can be controlled by a single browser, and multiple browsers can control a single MADI-X8 over a wired or wireless network.
- 8 MADI I/Os (6 x optical and 2 x coaxial)
- Single Wordclock In with three Wordclock Out
- Versatile point to point source distribution, source splitting and source aggregation
- Straightforward set up via intuitive cross platform Logictivity browser software
- Preset based recall of partial or full routing set ups
- Ethernet browser connection - controllable over Wi-Fi and Internet
- Efficient and simple network setup using Multicast DNS Auto Unit Discovery (Bonjour)
- Logictivity browser can access up to 4 MADI-X8 units simultaneously
- Multiple Logictivity enabled MAC's and PC's can access the MADI-X8 simultaneously
- Dual master clock source (internal, Wordclock or MADI input A-H) with Auto Failover
- 512 x 512 channel @48kHz, 256 x 256 channel @96kHz, 128 x 128 channel @192kHz cross point matrix
- Independent MADI mode operation (56/64 channel mode, legacy/frame pattern) per MADI I/O
- Full preservation of "Control over MADI Data" (depending on the data protocol)
- Support for Varispeed (+/-10% on 56 channel ports only)
- Ultra low MADI roundtrip latency - 4 samples (44.1/48kHz), 8 samples (88.2/96kHz), 16 samples (176.4/192kHz)