The Night Vision Variable Gain Adapter from AstroScope is designed to be used with a Panasonic HVX200 Camcorder. The AstroScope provides your camera with the ability to produce high resolution full-frame images under adverse lighting conditions. The rugged and compact design makes it ideal for demanding applications. Fitted with a high-performance 3rd generation image intensifier, the AstroScope significantly enhances your camera's low-light capabilities.
A variable gain image intensifier tube with a camera adapter allows seamless integration between the camera and its lens. The adapter maintains all electronic communication between the lens and the camera. It allows use of all the lenses available for the camera. There is an adjustable knob on the outside of the adapter that allows the manual adjustment of the gain. Adjusting the gain yields a cleaner, brighter image.
Your high definition camera can now take on a more valuable role in all your security concerns. The AstroScope's ability to capture images in low light that provide facial recognition and vehicle registration identification ensures your ability to execute wide area surveillance and long range detection. You can secure any perimeter, shut down border crossings, and render any 'line in the sand' impenetrable.
To operate the AstroScope, a C-Mount lens (not included) must be fitted to the front of the CIU.
Note! Export of this device described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State office of Defense Trade Controls, as prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulation, Parts 120-130, and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce. For further information contact the Office of Defense Trade Control and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Designed for use with a Panasonic HVX200 Camcorder
- A variable gain image intensifier for a brighter image
- Camera adapter provides seamless integration between the host body and the Central Intensifier Unit (CIU)
- Lightweight, non-reflective, black epoxy-coated aluminum housing
- The CIU is inserted between the host body and the objective lens
- 3rd Generation Intensifier Tube: While 2nd generation night vision works well in most applications, 3rd generation night vision will outperform it in all situations. With a 3rd generation NVD, your image will be crisper and clearer with a decreased level of bright light blooming. These improvements substantially increase the recognition and detection range of the system