This Human Body Organ Structures Prepared Slides (25 Slides) from Konus includes 25 prepared biology slides relating to organ structures of the human body. With an introduction and comments by a biology professor, this series of slides features tissues, organs, bones and fluids--in a healthy condition as well as samples demonstrating the effects of serious diseases such as pneumonia and cancer. Descriptions of each slide are in 8 languages, and the entire set comes in a practical, attractive wooden box.
Slides featured are:
1. Skin from axillary showing sweat glands, hair follicles.
2. Scalp showing hair follicles and sebaceous glands.
3. Finger nail, transversal section finger through the nail bed.
4. Parotid gland, a purely serous gland.
5. Sublingual gland, a mixed gland.
6. Esophagus and trachea, lateral section of both organs.
7. Gastric wall.
9. Appendix, transversal section.
11. Liver, pig fibrous trabeculae between lobules.
12. Gall bladder.
13. Pancreas, secreting acini and island of Langerhans.
15. Aorta, transversal section haematose & eosine and elastic tissue stain.
16. Artery and vein elastic tissue stain.
17. Kidney, section of cortical zone.
18. Ureter transversal section.
19. Urinary bladder.
20. Uterine tube (oviduct) sec. through ampulla.
21. Male gonad, transversal section.
22. Spermatozoa smear.
24. Bone marrow with developing blood cells.
25. Thyroid gland.
- Packed in a practical and attractive wooden box
- Every slide's features an individual description of the related specimen in 8 languages
- Every set includes the description of the whole 34 series of the Konus range of slides, embracing many different themes
- Every set is introduced and features comments by a well-known professor