Hitachi has assembled what is widely regarded as the ideal interactive AV teaching system in the CP-DW10N+FX-DUO-88W Wide Bundle Solution.
The CP-DW10N Short Throw 3LCD Projector is a valuable addition to any team that needs to communicate ideas with a minimum of time wasted on setup and maintenance. Quick Start and Instant Off plus digital keystone correction and input source naming make setup a snap. Maintenance too is a snap. The fan filter can go up to 4000 hours between cleanings or replacement and it's conveniently located. The projector bulb can last for 3000 hours in Normal mode and up to 4000 hours in Whisper mode.
The CP-DW10N's short throw lens allows you to project a large image a relatively short distance from the screen. For example, you can project an 80 inch diagonally measured picture from just 34 inches.
This projector features 2000 ANSI lumens of brightness, digital zoom and a widescreen 16:10 aspect ratio that's also compatible with 4:3 images. In fact, compatibility is a key advantage of the CP-DW10N. It has a world power supply (100 - 240 V AC at 50/60 Hz) and it's compatible with all three of the world's video standards (North America's NTSC plus PAL and SECAM). And of course it's HDTV compatible too, up to 1080p.
The CP-DW10N also has 2:3 pulldown. Because motion pictures are filmed at 24 frames per second (fps) and video is recorded at 30 fps, translating film to video has always been problematic. The solution better projectors use is 2:3 pulldown. Without boring you with technobabble let's just say it's one of the more elegant solutions developed. Another one of the CP-DW10N's advanced features is progressive scan, which makes DVDs look almost like Blu-ray discs. Plug your CP-DW10N into your LAN via its RJ45 jack and you can remotely monitor and control it from anywhere on your local network or across the Internet. You can even have it email you when it detects a fault or the projector lamp is nearing the end of its life.
If you keep the projector in one place you'll appreciate its anti-theft features like PIN lock, MyScreen lock, keypad lock and a Kensington compatible lock slot for an optional Kensington Lock. A transition detector can tell if the projector has been moved and refuse to turn on unless the correct password is entered.
The Hitachi StarBoard FX-DUO-88W-M is an 88" digital whiteboard designed to deliver the most seamless interactive experience in the industry. Gone are the days of pen-driven or stylus and finger controlled technology with an obtrusive overlaying surface. The FX-DUO-88W-M looks and feels like a classic whiteboard! By using two sophisticated CMOS sensors located in the top corners, the StarBoard can sense where users are touching. The result is a more comfortable and interactive experience with less parts to lose or break. Features such as multi-touch manipulation, overhead quick start buttons, and the ability to have multiple users at once open the unit up to virtually limitless possibilities.
The included Easiteach Software is a multi-language teaching tool that works with virtually all interactive whiteboards, slates, projectors and presenters. The system has a media bank of over 4500 curriculum based sources and more than 70 videos. Capabilities include Text-to-Speech, Handwriting and Shape Recognition, Widget Bank, as well as math and language tools.Finally, the bundle includes a Premier Short Throw Mount which is ideal for maximizing floor space, especially in tight quarters as well as preventing audience intrusion into the projector's beam.
- 2000 ANSI Lumens
- The super bright bulb can throw enough light to form an image even in relatively well-lit rooms like lecture halls where the audience will be taking or reading notes.
- Whisper-Quiet Operation
- At 37 db in Normal mode the CP-DW10N's fan noise is almost as quiet as a whispered conversation. In Eco mode its 29 dB noise level is actually quieter than a whisper.
- Short Throw Lens
- The CP-DW10N has a short throw capability, delivering an 80" diagonally-measured image at only 34" away from the screen. This provides many benefits including optimizing available space, flexibility for intimate or large environments, more room for presenter and audience, shadow free presentations, and no direct glare from the projector's light. Short throw capability can also come in handy in rear projection setups, where space behind the screen may be tight.
- World Standards Compatible
- The CP-DW10N can accept AC power from 100 to 240 Volts AC at 50 to 60 Hz. And it's compatible with all three world television signal standards: NTSC, PAL and SECAM. It's also compatible with many common computer video standards, including VGA, SVGA, XGA, SXGA, SXGA+, UXGA, MAC13" and MAC16".
- Hybrid Filter
- The fan filter is easy to clean and change and it can go as long as 4000 hours before requiring cleaning or replacement.
- Up to 4000 Hours Expected Lamp Life
- In Normal mode you can expect up to 3000 hours of lamp light. If you use the projector in Eco mode you can expect up to 4000 hours of use before having to change the bulb.
- Network Ready With an RJ45 (Ethernet) Jack
- You can plug your CP-DW10N into your LAN and set it up for remote monitoring and control in just a few minutes. The projector can be down the hall or across the world. You can also have the projector email you when it detects error conditions or a lamp is nearing the end of its useful life. Its My Image function allows you to send a still image from a PC on the network to one or more CP-DW10Ns and the Messenger function allows you to transmit important announcements like schedule changes, weather updated and emergency notifications.
- Equipped For Closed Captioning
- This projector can display closed captioning from programming sources that provide it. You can turn CC on or off and you can even set the feature to come on automatically when the mute button is pressed.
- Electronic Free Surface
- The surface of the whiteboard feels natural because it is natural. If the board gets scratched or damaged, the system will continue to work without fault.
- No Special Devices Required
- Possibly the most useful feature of the FXDUO-88W-M is that it doesn't need a special stylus or pen to function. This can be critical in classrooms, where small objects tend to break or disappear.
- Multi-Touch Hand Gestures
- The StarBoard works much like other devices with a multi-touch type design. Zoom in and out, scroll, enlarge, and shrink objects just by using two hands.
- Multiple Users At Once
- Teachers can keep classroom activities fun and exciting by getting students involved. The FXDUO-88W-M even allows multiple users to manipulate the board at once, opening up endless creative learning possibilities.
- Low Reflections
- Projector reflection is minimized, making it gentle on the eyes.
- Simultaneous Inputs
- Operate the whiteboard using both hands (gestures). Scroll and Zoom-in/Zoom-out
- Optional Electronic Pen
- The optional electronic pen includes three side buttons.
- Included Easiteach Software
- Easiteach is a 21st century software application that enables teachers and students to create multimedia, interactive lessons and presentations. To spark your imagination it comes with a "media bank" of 4500 curriculum-based resources and 70 videos. It can record sound and video and it has both text-to-speech capabilities and handwriting and shape recognition. It can be used with any interactive electronic whiteboard and it also works fine with just an ordinary projection screen.