Archival Methods Flap Envelopes can be used to store anything from newspaper clippings to photographs. With the flap on the long side, all contents are neatly held in place. The heavyweight card stock prevents the contents from "fanning" which can lead to damage.
This product is designed to be used in conjunction with Archival Method's Document and Record Storage Boxes for Letter and Legal sizes and Drop Front Boxes for the 14 x 11" size.
Note! Archival envelopes should not have center seams. Pressure on the seam from adjoining files will usually fall in the center of the contents and over time may cause damage
- Archival grade card stock 10 point specifications
- Made from fully bleached, high alpha cellulose pulp. It does not contain any post consumer waste recycled pulp. Paper is free of metal particles, waxes, plasticizers, residual bleach, peroxide, sulfur content is less than 0.0008% reducible sulfur
- The lignin content is measured by the phloroglucinol test with a Kappa number of 5 or less
- Metallic impurities, iron will not exceed 150 ppm and copper shall not exceed 6 ppm. No optical brightening agents are used in the pulp
- The paper contains a minimum of 3% calcium carbonate (CaCO3) with a pH range 8-9.5
- Alkaline or neutral sizing are used. No alum rosin or rosin sizing are used
- Color pigment dyes are light-fast and non-bleeding
- This paper passes the PAT (Photographic Activity Test) ISO 14523 formally ANSI IT9.16