The Pelco DX4104 Digital Video Recorder offers advanced recording functionality in an affordable and low profile (only 2.1" high) DVR unit. For video compression, this DVR uses the H.264 hardware codec, ensuring quality video image reproduction while preserving storage and network resources. A user-friendly GUI offers easy accessibility to all system functions. Up to 100 DX4104 units can be interconnected on a network, offering the scalability needed in growing business enterprises.
This DVR supports a recording rate of 120 FPS across the 4 channels at 704 x 480 resolution, resulting in smooth video playback for each camera input with every frame accounted for. For efficient storage management, sectors on the HDD can be allocated for motion and alarm triggered recording, thus allowing prioritization of storage space for important event footage.
Recording can be continuous or based on an event such as an alarm or motion. A camera can also be set to record based on multiple events (a combination of normal, alarm, and motion). Each camera's frame rates and resolution can also be independently adjusted based on that particular camera's importance within the surveillance scheme.
This DVR incorporates a user-friendly GUI which can be accessed via the DVR's front panel controls or using the supplied mouse or handheld remote control. Any of these methods can also be used to directly control the motorized functions of a PTZ dome camera. Compatible cameras include Pelco's Spectra series domes as well as many cameras from third-party manufacturers.
In a network configuration, up to 100 DX4104 servers can be connected together and as many as 16 DVRs simultaneously accessed for live viewing and playback. When logging on, the remote client will be presented with an interface that has the same look and feel as the DX8100 and DX4500/DX4600 remote clients. With the click of a mouse, the remote client will be able to capture a video clip, save it in JPEG format, and then store it on the local HDD. The remote client also has the ability to preview and search archived material.
- 4 looping analog channels
- H.264 hardware compression
- Up to 704 x 480 (NTSC), 704 x 576 (PAL) recording resolution
- Up to 120 (NTSC)/100 (PAL) images per second (ips) recording rate at 352 x 240/352 x 288 resolution for NTSC/PAL respectively
- Independent channel resolution, quality, and frame rate settings
- Full-function remote client
- HDD storage manager
- Scheduled backup to USB or optional DVD device
- PTZ control from remote control, front panel, or GUI
- Normal, alarm, motion, instant recording, and multi-event recording
- E-mail notification on alarm
- Export of video to USB or CD/DVD media