The Adobe Photoshop CS5 Book for Digital Photographers is another gem from Scott Kelby. Scott, a recognized guru for digital shooting and editor of Photoshop User magazine, makes CS5 more than an accessible entity. In this edition, he reveals more tips and techniques for users of Photoshop CS5.
However, the real value of this book is how Scott, in plain, simple and easy-to-follow language gives you exact and precise step-by-step instruction in how to get it done. You won't find any theory here - it's all instruction - and not encased in lots of technical jargon.
For the digital shooter, this is a bonanza of information and instruction that will have you working like a pro right from the start. Scott will give you what settings to use, when to use them, how to use them and why. You'll learn things about CS5 you never knew - and what's even better - you'll learn how to use them effectively and creatively.
- The sharpening techniques the pros really use
- The pros tricks for fixing the most common digital photo problems fast
- The step-by-step setup for getting what comes out of your printer to match exactly what you see on screen
- A whole chapter on how to process HDR (High Dynamic Range) images using CS5's new Merge to HDR Pro
- How to master CS5's Content-Aware Fill
- How to color correct any photo without breaking a sweat
- How to process RAW images like a pro (plus how to take advantage of all the Camera Raw features in CS5)
- How to use the included gray card to make color correction just a matter of three clicks
- How to show your work like a pro
- A host of shortcuts, workarounds, and slick "insider" tricks to send your productivity through the roof