The LifeBook S710 14" Notebook Computer from Fujitsu is a portable computer, perfect for use in corporate environments. It is loaded with Windows 7 Professional (32-bit), allowing it to communicate with corporate networks and providing other tools necessary for business. Downgrade media for Windows XP is included for users who are unable to use Windows 7 for business. The system also features integrated dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi for wireless communication.
The LifeBook also boasts a number of security features that are beneficial to business. A fingerprint reader provides true biometric security, a Smart Card slot is available for authentication, and the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) protects encrypted data. An ExpressCard slot is available, allowing you to use expansion cards. The computer's keyboard is resistant against spills, helping to prevent a minor accident from causing major damage.
The computer is powered by a dual-core 2.4GHz Intel Core i5-520M CPU, which can be overclocked to 2.93GHz thanks to Turbo Boost. It boasts 2GB of RAM, a 320GB 5400rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, an integrated webcam, and integrated Intel GMA HD graphics. Its 14" display features an antiglare finish for enhanced usability in bright lighting conditions. The system can operate for about 5.5 hours on a single battery charge.
- Powered by a dual-core Intel Core i5 CPU with Turbo Boost
- Loaded with 2GB of RAM, a 320GB hard drive, and Windows 7 Professional (32-bit) with a Windows XP downgrade option
- 14" display features a 16:9 aspect ratio and antiglare finish
- Built-in webcam features a 1.3MP resolution
- Operates for up to 5.5 hours on a single battery charge
- You'll be able to add an optional port replicator, and its modular bay allows you to swap out the optical drive for an optional second battery -- extending the amount of time you can spend away from a power outlet
- Security features include a fingerprint reader, TPM support, a Smart Card slot, two-level BIOS and hardware password protection, a security panel, vPRO, and support for Computrace subscriptions
- You'll be able to expand the computer's functionality via an ExpressCard expansion slot, SD memory card reader, and three USB 2.0 ports
- A spill-resistant keyboard and the Fujitsu Shock Sensor hard drive protection system work to protect the computer against accidental damage
- SuperMulti DVD burner can write all types of CD and DVD formats. Its supports dual-layer DVDs, which feature an 8.5GB storage capacity
- Dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi features faster transfer rates and extended operating range when compared to earlier versions of Wi-Fi -- while retaining backwards compatibility with 802.11a, 802.11g, and 802.11b devices
- ENERGY STAR qualified