The Samsung PL200 Digital Camera (Black) has 14.2 megapixels of resolution for sharp, clear pictures even when making large prints. The 7x optical zoom lens (35mm film equivalent: 31-217mm) will get you close to the action without moving closer to your subject and the dual image stabilization eliminates shaky, blurry photos. When shooting in low light you can also set the camera to ISO 3200 and still get clear low noise images.
Use the 3" LCD display for framing and viewing your pictures, while the Smart Auto feature will pick the best settings for almost any type of situation when shooting stills or movies. When shooting still images of moving objects the Object Tracking AF feature will track and focus on the object you selected for the perfect image. If your subject is better captured in motion, then shoot HD 1280 x 720p video at 30 fps.
When shooting your friends and family the Perfect Portrait system will optimize exposure and focus and eliminate unwanted blinks. In addition it evens skin tones, erases blemishes and removes dark circles. And with different level settings, you can control how much retouching you do.
- Get Closer Without Moving an Inch
- Samsung's 14.2 megapixel camera is the next generation in high-resolution compact cameras. It comes fully equipped with a true-color filtered 14.2 megapixel CCD and boasts a powerful 7x optical zoom. In addition, this high-resolution camera produces incredibly detailed images that can be used for printing poster-sized photos.
- Shake, Rattle or Stroll
- Even the tiniest shake can ruin your shot. Dual Image Stabilization solves that. Samsung has combined the revolutionary technology of optical image stabilization (OIS) with the advanced algorithms of digital image stabilization (DIS). Giving you sharp images no matter the condition. Whether it's low light, zooming or just a case of plain old shaky hands, your photos come out sharp and clear.
- When It Comes to Brightness, it's Brilliant.
- When the camera has been engineered to be bright, in both senses of the word, it is intelligent and luminous. The camera has a 3.0" LCD for improved contrast and color reproduction, and its Intelligent LCD brightness automatically detects environmental illumination and adjusts the LCD brightness for optimal image viewing. It does the thinking for you, which makes the PL200 a smart choice.
- Record Movies in the Palm of Your Hand
- The PL200 is like having a compact HD video camera that also takes professional-grade photos. It records HD video in 1280 x 720p resolution at 30 frames per second. Its H.264 format also allows you to record twice as much as an MP4 and four times more than an MJPEG- the format used in many other digital cameras- and delivers much higher video and sound quality.
- Just What You Had in Mind
- Turn any moment into a perfect memory with a professional-looking photo. Whether it's a few friends from last night's party or the moon reflecting off the lake, Smart Auto (Still & Movie) instantly analyzes key elements of your composition then automatically adjusts to capture the perfect shot with a multitude of different photo modes and movie modes. And since life isn't a still life, the camera's object tracking feature captures those subjects that just don't, or won't, stand still.
- Object Tracking AF
- Achieve the beautiful composition you're looking for by simply selecting any object on the camera display. Object Tracking AF technology will track the object and focus for you - all you need to do is press the shutter button.
- High Sensitivity ISO 3200
- Even at ISO 3200, the camera delivers crystal clear low noise indoor photos, even in low light without flash.
- Perfect Portrait System
- No one has a bad side with PL200's Perfect Portrait system. Sure it fixes red-eye, but this next generation face detection technology even detects blinking. So you're always sure eyes are open and smiles are bright. In addition it evens skin tones, erases blemishes and removes dark circles. And with different level settings, you can control how much retouching you do.