This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The OTAL-A Infrared Laser Pointer/Illuminator from Morovision is a rugged compact adjustable focus laser pointer/illuminator that can be utilized as both a target designator and infrared scene illuminator. When focused, the laser pointer emits a narrow beam for precise aiming. Defocusing the laser enables the operator to paint their field of view with infrared light, useful for close quarter combat and no-light situations.
OTAL-A is constructed from anodized aircraft aluminum, is submersible to 20 meters, and features adjustable windage and elevation, making this pointer/illuminator a dependable battle-ready laser aiming device. This model of the OTAL-A is configured with a 50 milliwatt infrared beam that is visible with night vision to a range of 2000 meters, ideal for medium and long-range tasks.
The OTAL-A is designed to mount behind the front sight of M-16 and M-4 rifles without obscuring the operator's view or adding excess weight to the weapon barrel. Additionally, this low-profile laser device accommodates scopes, holographic sights, and NV devices. An included remote cable pressure switch makes activation as simple as tapping the pressure sensitive pad switch; tap once for momentary illumination, twice for continuous laser activity.
This item is only available to US Military and law enforcement agencies
Note: Export of this device described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State Office of Defense Trade Controls, as prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulation, Parts 120-130, and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce. For further information contact the Office of Defense Trade Control and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Lightweight Rugged Construction
- Constructed from 6061T-6 anodized aircraft aluminum and submersible to 20 meters, this pointer/illuminator is a dependable battle-ready laser aiming device.
- Laser Pointer / Illuminator
- This version of the OTAL-A is configured with a 50mw 835nm infrared beam that is visible with night vision to a range of 2187 yd (2000 m), ideal for medium and long-range tasks in low-light and no light.
- Double Tap Switch
- Momentarily activate the integrated remote Double Tap Switch with one touch, tap twice for continuous illumination up to 15 minutes or until tapped again.
- Mount on M-16 or M-4 style rifles, the laser is offset to project around the front sight without obscuring your view. A low profile design allows the laser to easily be mounted in front of scopes, holographic sights, and night vision devices.