The Rosco X24 X-Effects DMX Projector w/o Lens (Black) is the current version of the X-Effects projector, which delivers amazing rippling light effects on a large scale that were previously unattainable by lighting designers. After an engineering overhaul of both moving parts and optical components, the X24 has drastically improved durability and lifespan.
This DMX projector is ideally suited for theatrical use--with five DMX channels, the unit has full control of each effect gobo, lamp strike and light output. The DMX-controlled douser, also initiated through your lighting control board, directs not only the light output but blackouts and fades as well.
The actual effect is created by rotating two "X" size glass gobos off center of the optical path, creating a projection that doesn't appear to have a visible direction or pattern. The color slot accepts dichroic color filters.
The X24 has a 200W Enhanced Metal Arc source, with a short arc that allows for an output of 5000 lumens, with a 7000-hour lamp life. The color temperature is similar to a Xenon source at 6000K. It also includes onboard potentiometers to control the speed and direction of both gobos. Lens trains are available in 30-, 50- and 70-degree configurations, all of which produce images with crisp edges, even for long throws of 100 feet or more, due to the efficiency of the lamp and the optical design.
A lens is not included with this projector. Lamp is included.
- Re-tooled drive connections between the motor and the effects glass eliminate slipping and skipping in long-running installations
- Custom-made idler guides withstand wear and maintain ultra-smooth gobo rotation
- Drive belts have been formulated in a UV/ozone-resistant material and built for significantly longer duty cycle, estimated at 18 months between maintenance or replacement
- Effects glass mounts are now designed with wide-gauge rounded shoulders for quiet but smooth operation
- A modified lamp allows for 7000-hour lamp life with no drop in luminous output