The DES-1008E 8-Port 10/100 Desktop Switch from D-Link lets you network up to 8 devices at speeds up to 200Mb/s at full-duplex capability and is compact enough to be placed virtually anywhere in your home or office.
- Auto-Sensing 10/100 Ports
- The DES-1008E uses auto-sensing 10/100 Mb/s ports, allowing a small workgroup to flexibly connect to Ethernet and Fast Ethernet devices to create an integrated network. These ports detect the network speed and auto-negotiate between 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX, as well as between full and half-duplex, allowing you to get the maximum speed possible for each device connected to your network.
- Auto MDI / MDIX Crossover
- All ports support automatic MDI / MDIX crossover, eliminating the need for extra crossover cables or uplink ports. Each port can be plugged directly to a server, hub, router or switch using regular straight-through twisted-pair Ethernet cables.
- Flow Control For Secure Transmission
- 802.3x flow control on each port minimizes dropped packets when the port's receiving buffer is full. This gives you a more reliable connection for all of your connected devices.