VOCALOID2 TONIO from Zero-G and distributed by EastWest is a virtual instrument that allows you to create synthesized singing of unprecedented quality and remarkable realism. Modeled on the actual voice of a professional male classical singer, the vocal covers both baritone and tenor ranges.
TONIO has a voice that is full of unmistakable character, color and charm. He will hit those high notes every time with perfect accuracy. Whether it's a soaring lead, harmony or a backing vocal, the instrument can generate vocals using any word from the English language (and other languages too with a little work).
In addition to singing any words or combination of syllables, VOCAOID2 TONIO can spread any sustained vowel (or voiced consonant) across as many notes as you like, with perfect legato. You can select from several different natural vibrato types and drag and drop your chosen type to any note or notes, and control the time-position and amount of the vibrato.
The instrument is also very well suited if you want to be adventurous and experimental, since the voice can be easily modified and shaped in many ways.
- Virtual instrument modeled on the actual voice of a professional male classical singer
- The user interface for VOCALOID 2's VOCALOID Editor (score editing tool) of has a new look with improved user functionality
- The synthesis engine uses a different signal processing technique from the previous version, creating a clearer and more realistic and natural vocal
- Real-time Keyboard Performance allows written lyrics to be assigned a note on a keyboard - now you can "sing" using the keyboard (VST only)
- Note auditioning allows for instantly checking lyrics and notes
- Control track for controlling timbre is transparent, so you can check two parameters at once
- Toggling between Playback and Rendering allows you to specify playback/rendering mode for each track
- By rendering the finished track, you can reduce CPU load in playback
- 16 tracks maximum
- You can easily specify musical expression (attack and vibrato) with the intuitive Expression Control interface
Control over the following parameters is available:
- Changing syllables and phonemes
- Timing of each note (precise position/length)
- Vibrato (type/position/amount/frequency)
- Crescendo or diminuendo
- Pitch bend (amount/positioned in time)
- Glide (portamento)
- Resonance (frequency/bandwidth/amplitude)
- Gender factor