The Dr. DAC nano from ESI is a 2 channel digital to analog (DAC) converter that connects to the USB port of a computer. The DAC is perfect for Windows and Mac OS X users who want better sound output over what their computer's internal converter offers.
The digital source can have up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution, while the output of the unit can be either analog line level, or optical S/PDIF via a mini plug optical transmitter. The analog output can also power most consumer headphones.
- Digital to analog converter
- USB audio interface
- Optical S/PDIF output via 3.5mm mini plug optical transmitter (up to 24bit/96kHz)
- Headphone amplifier that can power 16 to 300Ω headphones
- Non PCM (Dolby Digital, dts) pass through support
- Analog Devices AD8397 high output current amplifier
- Plug and play under Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, or Mac OS X