Yamaha's dedication to quality, professional workstations is evident in the Yamaha MOTIF XF6 Workstation Keyboard. The MOTIF XF6 features 61 keys and a host of improvements for enhanced performance on stage and in the recording studio. Yamaha's own AWM2 Expanded Articulation synthesis engine delivers 1664 voices and 97 drum kits, featuring authentic piano, keyboard, synth, orchestral, wind, string and drum sounds for all styles of music production.
The MOTIF's 16-track sampling sequencer delivers a flexible feature set for speedy recording whenever inspiration strikes. Up to 128MB of sampling RAM is included and direct-to-USB recording lets you bounce tracks to a computer as a WAV file. All this in a keyboard with an arsenal of effects, editing, digital mixing, flash wave memory expandability, intuitive display and more.
Play and Perform
- The 741MB of internal Wave ROM includes incredibly realistic pianos and acoustic instruments, vintage synths and the hip hop sounds all of today's top producers are using.
- The popular FSX (MOTIF XF6/7) and BH (MOTIF XF8) keyboards let you express your passion for playing.
- A sophisticated 8 element synth architecture with XSpanded articulation and 18 different filter types let you shape your sound anyway you want and the 8 front panel knobs and sliders make it easy to do even in real time.
- 1664 Voices and 97 Drum Kits put more sounds at your fingertips than ever before.
- A Category Search function to make the sounds you need easy to find.
Create and Produce
- 512 Performances combine 4 Voices and 4 Intelligent Arpeggios so you can instantly create backing tracks with Yamaha's intuitive Direct Performance Recording feature.
A 16 track Integrated Sampling Sequencer and the built-in 128 MB of sample RAM let you:
• Load new sample libraries• Add Vocals and Guitars to your MOTIF Sequences
• Slice Audio Loops to playback at any tempo• Use Real Time Loop Remix to create new grooves
• Easily Move back and forth between the loop based Pattern Mode and tape machine style Song Mode
- An integrated Yamaha Digital Mixer includes 3 band EQs for each part, 8 Dual Insertion effects, 2 System Effects and overall Master effect and Master EQ, let's you create finalized mixes of your songs.
- Direct to USB recording& playback lets you record your final mixes as CD quality .wav files to any connected USB memory device or play .wav files created on your computer back on the XF.
Customize and Make It Your Own
- Up to 2GB of optional Flash Wave memory - Two slots accommodate proprietary Yamaha flash board options- a 512MB flash board and a 1 GB flash board. Because this is Flash Memory, once you've loaded a sound once, it's always in your MOTIF when you turn it on.
- 128MB of on board volatile sample RAM for user sampling, loading and auditioning sample libraries or adding vocals and real instruments to your MOTIF XF sequences with the Integrated Sampling Sequencer.
- An improved User Interface with many user requested features like Tap Tempo, Drum Editing in Mix Mode, and Auto Mapping of samples (available for MOTIF XS in a future OS update) plus a new customizable UI for selecting your choice of color and positioning of key displays.
Connect and Expand with New Possibilities
- Computer connectivity (via USB, Ethernet and the FW16E FireWire option) and DAW integration features like 8 zone Master mode, DAW remote control and cross platform editors let you seamless integrate the MOTIF with any DAW software including the bundled Cubase AI software.
- A global community of MOTIF experts, sound programmers and software application developers let you access discussion forums, voice libraries, MOTIF specific application software, tutorial videos and in depth application guides at www.MOTIFATOR.com.
- New large format (512MB -1GB) voice libraries from Garritan, Sonic Reality, Easy Sounds and more plus new MOTIF specific software tools including waveform editors, sample format converters and arp managers.