This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The D-740-3AGM 4x100 Night Vision Riflescope from Night Optics with manual gain control and an autogated power supply, is rugged, lightweight, and accurate, making it an excellent choice for military & law enforcement night vision specialists. The D-740 utilizes space-age materials to reduce the weight and improve recoil resistance. Standard features include a waterproof, nitrogen purged housing, high-grade multicoated optics, and a quick-detach, throw-lever mount.
Parallax-free, the illuminated reticle assures quick and efficient target acquisition, while the 1/4 MOA adjustments enable precise shot placement. The Mil Dot reticle has variable brightness control and illuminated red-on-green or amber-on-green dual color rendering. The D-740 has a guaranteed zero retention on medium caliber weapons including .308 caliber.
There are many different variables that affect the distance that one can see with a night vision device, among them the object's size, the level of details being sought from the object and the conditions of observation. Night vision devices detect much further under a full moon and clear skies than they will under a new moon and cloudy skies. Many different formulas are used to determine the statistic of maximum viewing range and the method of calculation varies by manufacturer. The important factors to consider when evaluating any night vision device are the intensifier tube's generation, s/n ratio, level of magnification, specified resolution, along with the clarity & light transmission efficiency of the optical system.
All night vision devices sold by B&H have mechanisms in place to protect the intensifier tube from a sudden burst of bright light, but this does not mean that bright light doesn't damage the device. No matter what, bright light in any form is not good for the longevity and performance of image intensifier tubes.
Note! Export of this device described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State office of Defense Trade Controls, as prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulation, Parts 120-130, and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce. For further information contact the Office of Defense Trade Control and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Retains zero on heavy caliber weapons; furnishing consistent, accurate usage
- Lightweight, waterproof nitrogen purged housing allows use in all weather conditions
- Variable intensity and dual colored illuminated reticle supplies accurate target acquisition
- Weaver rail mount extends the scope's compatibility to the majority of mounting configurations
- Manual Gain Control affords the user the ability to manually adjust the amplification of light input
- Autogated power supply consists of an automatic rapid on/off power switch which decreases the voltage and contributes to the lessening of unwanted blooming from bright light sources
Third generation intensifier tube delivers 57-72 lp/mm of resolution.
Third generation intensifiers last longer and deliver brighter images with greater detail and less distortion than previous generations of night vision technology. The power supply is gated. The film type is thin.
- Mil-Dot reticle is the standard reticle used by the US Army and Marine Corps that enables long range distance calculations. A series of dots upon the cross hairs gives the shooter the ability to judge bullet drop and the proper hold over for accurate long range shot placement