An age-long question for many photographers, writers, artists, musicians and businessmen or anyone who creates hard copies of their work - how do I file all this content and what do I do if I need copies in the future? A simple answer comes from Canon with the CanoScan LiDE210 Color Image Scanner.
The CanoScan LiDE210 scanner converts your color and B&W documents and images into high-quality digital files which can be loaded into a PC for easy electronic filing, retrieval and printing. This color scanner is incredibly easy to use - five easy buttons automate almost the entire process, so it's a breeze to scan, copy and create e-mail attachments or PDFs with just one touch. This gem is incredibly fast - scanning a letter size color document takes as little as 10 seconds!
Built-in retouching technology can further enhance your final images, and the Auto Scan Mode analyzes the scan, corrects it and then saves it with the optimal settings. Canon's Auto Document Fix is a built-in technology which further improves your final images with area-by-area data correction. You will get text with clear sharp characters and images with true-to-original color and contrast.
The Advanced Z-Lid expansion top lifts approximately 1-inch vertically and lets you produce clear, complete scans even of thick originals such as notebooks. One cable provides both power and a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed data connection for low power consumption. And when "where to put the thing" becomes an issue, the LiDE210 features 3-way positioning and can be tilted to an upright position in order to take up less precious desk space-and still perform all scanning functions.
- 4800 x 4800 dpi Resolution
- When you combine 4800 x 4800 dpi maximum optical color resolution with a vivid 48-bit color depth and over 281 trillion possible colors, the results will astound you. Continue your scanning brilliance with tremendous 19,200 x 19,200 software-optimized dpi scans.
- Five EZ Buttons
- Five EZ Buttons on the front panel enable you to scan, copy, email or create a PDF faster than ever while you enjoy three scanning position to accommodate workspaces of any size.
- Auto Scan Mode
- At last, you have the ability to bring eight steps into one as you scan a photo, document, business card, textbook or personal notebook and have it automatically recognized. In addition, the original is automatically cropped to proper size, scanned and saved in the appropriate file format. All of this is achieved with the press of a single button.
- Advanced Z-Lid
- The exclusive Z-Lid expansion top lifts up to 1-inch high above the platen and stays flat for scanning thick books and magazines. Most other scanner covers can only lift at an angle, so the scans can be incomplete or illegible at the edges. In addition, Gutter Shadow Correction eliminates the shadow caused by the book's inside "gutter", providing a clean scan of the page.
- Auto Document Fix
- Auto Document Fix delivers beautiful, easy-to-view scans by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically. So, your document text can be darkened with pronounced edges for clear, sharp text that's easy to read, and pictures will maintain color tone and contrast.
- Image Enhancement
- The LiDE210 includes the following image enhancement modes to help give you the high-quality scans you expect: Auto Dust & Scratch Reduction, Backlight Correction, Fading Correction, and Grain Correction.
- One Cable for USB and Power
- The USB 2.0 Hi-Speed connection lets you scan images fast, and the scanner is also powered through the interface so no AC power cords or adapters are needed.
- Three-Way Positioning
- When space is an issue, scan with flexibility to accommodate your work station as you can setup the LiDE210 in three positions such as upright, portrait and landscape.
- A Generation Green Product
- Generation Green is Canon's environmental initiative is an environmentally-friendly approach that Canon is taking to design many of its current and future products and solutions. The LiDE210 is part of Generation Green through low power consumption, and the energy efficient Quick Start feature that makes it Energy Star qualified. Plus it is RoHS Compliant - a directive from the European Union that restricts the use of hazardous materials found in electronic products. Canon also participates in a Hardware Recycling Program to ensure appropriate recycling of electronics products and the Canon Refurbishing Program so Canon has full control over recovery and salvage for Canon U.S.A. products