The Canon PIXMA MG5220 Wireless Photo All-in-One Inkjet Printer is a printer, scanner and copier - it does it all! It is capable of printing everything - color & B&W photos, sharp, clear copies to beautiful prints from HD movies.
The built-in Wi-Fi interface is provided so you easily print and scan wirelessly, eliminating restrictions on where you can work. Plus, you can print directly from your PictBridge enabled camera, from memory cards via the built-in card reader, USB flash memory devices and even compatible iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices.
With this printer it's like having a photo lab in your home. It yields high resolution (9600 x 2400 dpi) color borderless prints from 4.0 x 6.0" (101.6 x 152.4mm) to 8.5 x 11.0" (215.9 x 279.4mm) and will output a 4.0 x 6.0" photo in as fast as 20 seconds.
Now digital SLR and point & shoot cameras are equipped to capture HD movies and the problem of missing a still photo opportunity arises. The MG5220 is the solution. With Full HD Movie Print software you can convert those .MOV movie clips from a compatible Canon DSLR or PowerShot point and shoot camera into beautiful photos.
The MG5220 operates with Canon's Hybrid Ink System consisting of five individual ink tanks, which includes four dye-based inks to produce amazing quality color photos and a black pigment ink for crisp and clear documents. Images are previewed on a 2.4" (61mm) color LCD display so you see what you are printing. While an image is on the display you can engage Auto Photo Fix which applies accurate image color balance and contrast, or Auto Document Fix which delivers beautiful, easy-to-view scans corrected to yield clear and sharp text.
Built-in automatic two-sided duplex printing allows you to print on both sides of the paper and can help reduce your paper usage by up to 50% and provides you with added creative opportunities.
- Printer Features
- Auto duplex printing
- Auto Photo Fix II
- Borderless printing
- Camera phone printing
- Document printing
- Full HD Movie Print
- ID photo printing
- Smartphone photo printing
- Photo printing
- Photo direct printing (memory card/camera/USB flash memory)
- Copier Features
- 4 in 1/2 in 1
- Auto exposure/Intensity copying
- Continuous copying
- Image Repeat
- Masking copy
- Photo reprint
- Trimming copy
- Face brightener/Fading correction
- Manual color adjustment
- Gutter shadow correction copying
- Multiple copying: 1-9, 99 Pages
- Scanner Features
- Auto Document Fix
- Auto Scan mode
- Gutter shadow correction
- Push scan
- Network scan
- Scan to memory
- Full HD Movie Print
- The Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your Canon EOS Digital SLR or Powershot cameras into beautiful prints.
- Built-In Wireless Connectivity
- Print or scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house. 2
- Smart Phone Printing
- Take full advantage of Canon's Wi-Fi printing technology to unlock, print and share your stored images right on the spot. Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices with the free iEPP Photo Printing app. 3
- Beautiful Borderless Prints
- Print photo lab quality from 4 x 6" (101.6 x 152.4mm) up to 8.5 x 11" (215.9 x 279.4mm). Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.
- No Computer Required
- Thanks to PictBridge, with a USB connection you can also print photos directly from your digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone. Plus, with the optional BU-30 Bluetooth unit, and a USB cable you can print from a mobile phone equipped with Bluetooth v2.0 technology.
- Superior Resolution
- Enjoy superior 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi with 1 picoliter ink droplets and a five individual ink tank system to print beautiful borderless photos up to 8.5 x 11.0" with incredible quality and detail or web pages and documents. 4
- Automatic Two-Sided Duplex Printing
- Automatically print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This saves you time, helps the environment and can cut your paper usage by up to 50%.
- Five-Color Ink System
- The high-performance five-color individual ink system consists of four dye-based inks plus a pigment-based black ink, producing exceptional photos and crisp, laser-quality text. So, you only replace the color ink tank that runs out.
- ChromaLife 100+ System
The ChromaLife 100+system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon photo papers and inks for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.
- Auto Photo Fix II
- The built-in Auto Photo Fix II technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
- Auto Document Fix
- Improving upon earlier versions, the all-new Auto Document Fix delivers beautiful, easy-to-view scans by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically. So, your document text can be darkened with pronounced edges for clear, sharp text that's easy to read, and pictures will maintain color tone and contrast.
- Easy-WebPrint EX
For Windows users only, you can print what you want off the web, easily with the included Easy-WebPrintEX software. It allows you to create your own layout, take different sections of different websites and put them all on one page. Move, resize and trim your clips, insert notes and edit text, make it a portrait or landscape, print up to 3 columns on a page and even save the layout as a PDF file.
- Auto Scan Mode
- When utilizing the Auto Scan mode, the scanner automatically recognizes the type of original, then scans and saves the suitable settings. 5
- 2.4" LCD
- With the convenient 2.4" (61mm) LCD you can easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading needed, just pick your image and print.
- Two-Way Paper Feeding
- To add to your options the two-way paper feeding feature lets you load paper from the front cassette or rear tray so whether your office or photo lab is open, you're ready to print.
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Plug a USB cable (not included) into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers
- Bundled Software
- Included with the MG5220 is a CD-ROM with a software bundle which allows you to print amazing images and copies - Setup Software and User's Guide, MG5220 Printer Driver, Easy-PhotoPrint EX, Full HD Movie Print, MP Navigator EX, Solutions Menu, and Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows only, requires internet download).
Note:Logos are trademarks of Ziff Davis, Inc. Used under license.
Reprinted from www.pcmag.com, September 7, 2010, with permission. 2010 Ziff Davis, Inc. All Rights Reserved.