The Panasonic Megapixel H.264 Vandal Resistant Network Camera incorporates Panasonic's proprietary "UniPhie" System LSI platform to enable simultaneous monitoring and hi-res recording of multiple H.264 and JPEG streams. Multiple streaming is supported at resolutions of up to 3 megapixels (2048 x 1536) in JPEG mode, and rates of up to 30 fps in 1.3 megapixel mode. Image resolution and frame rates are fully adjustable for a reliable and trouble-free network environment.
Super Dynamic and ABS (Adaptive Black Stretch) technologies are some of the advanced functions employed by the camera to combat challenging lighting conditions such as high contrast and harsh backlighting scenarios. In low light conditions, the camera switches from color to B/W mode, thus enhancing image visibility during nighttime hours. Auto iris and electronic shutter settings further aid the camera in obtaining proper exposure levels according to local scene requirements.
The WV-NW502S employs a video motion detection function adjustable for size and sensitivity levels. It can also detect a human face and send that information over the network. Up to 8 areas of the image can be blocked for privacy or legal reasons. Upon motion detection or other event-triggering alarms, the camera will send an email alert along with an attached image of the scene over the network.
A built-in memory card slot can be used with an optional SD/SDHC card (up to 32GB) for local image storage or as a means of backup in case of a network failure. Alarm and recording logs can also be saved to the memory card.
This camera is IP66 rated for water and dust resistance and also offers good protection from vandalism. A built-in dehumidification device helps keep the viewing window free from fog and humidity. Panasonic also designed this camera for easy installation with an auto back focus feature, and the ability to power the camera via PoE.
This camera is ready for installation on the surface of a wall or ceiling. An optional bracket is available for embedded ceiling installations (WV-Q169). Also available as an option is a smoked dome cover (WV-CW4S) for enhancing the camera's discreetness.
- Multiple Streams
- Multiple H.264 (High profile) streams and JPEG streams ensure simultaneous real time monitoring and high resolution recording by "UniPhier" Panasonic's proprietary System LSI platform.
- Up to 30 FPS
- Full frame rates of up to 30 fps transmission at 1,280 x 960 image size (1.3 Megapixel mode) are supported.
- Super Dynamic and ABS (Adaptive Black Stretch) Technologies
- Super Dynamic and ABS (Adaptive Black Stretch) technologies deliver 128x wider dynamic range compared to conventional cameras.
- Selectable H.264/MPEG-4
- H.264 and MPEG-4 are selectable for system migration.
- Optimized for Day/Night Surveillance
- High sensitivity with Day/Night function: 1.0 lux (Color), 0.08 lux (B/W) at F1.4 (1.3 Megapixel mode)
- Auto Back Focus
- ABF (Auto Back Focus) ensures easy installation and stable focus in both color and B/W modes.
- Adaptive Digital Noise Reduction
- Integration of 2D-DNR and 3DDNR ensures noise reduction in various conditions.
- Progressive Scan
- Progressive scan ensures clear images with less motion blur and no tearing even when the subject is moving.
- RGB Color Filter
- Superior color reproduction by primary (RGB) color filter.
- Electronic Sensitivity Enhancement
- Electronic sensitivity enhancement: Auto (Up to 16x) / OFF
- Selectable Light Control Modes
Outdoor / Indoor: Electronic shutter and ALC lens iris control are automatically controlled depending on the mode and luminance level.
ELC: Up to 1/10,000 Electronic shutter is automatically applied for a fix iris lens.
Fixed electronic shutter: Up to 1/10,000 fixed electronic shutter can be selectable.
- Video Motion Detector
- VMD with 4 programmable detection areas, 15 steps sensitivity level and 10 steps detection size.
- Face Detection
- Face detection detects the position of human face; the information is sent by XML or video stream.
- Meta Data for VMD
- Meta data for VMD is supplied to work with the WJ-ND400 playback VMD function.
- Privacy Zone
- Privacy Zone can mask up to 8 private areas, such as house windows and entrances/exits.
- Digital Zoom
- A 2x, and 4x digital zoom can be controlled by the browser.
- Camera Title Display
- Up to 20 alphanumeric characters on the browser, up to 16 alphanumeric characters with three selectable character sizes embedded in the image.
- Alarm I/O
- Alarm sources including 3 terminal inputs, VMD and Panasonic alarm command can trigger actions such as SD/SDHC memory recording, FTP image transfer, e-mail notification, indication on browser, alarm terminal output, and Panasonic protocol output.
- Bi-Directional Audio
- Full duplex bi-directional audio allows interactive communication between camera site and monitoring site.
- Higher Image Quality upon Alarm
- JPEG Image compression ratio can be changed by alarm so that higher quality image can be provided.
- Prioritized Stream Control
- One of the video streams can be prioritized when multiple recorders or client PCs are accessing the camera so that the recorder or the client PC can maintain the frame rate.
- SD/SDHC Memory Card Slot
- An SD/SDHC memory card slot can be used for manual recording, alarm recording and backup upon network failure.
- Controllable Bit Rates
- H.264/MPEG-4 max. bit rate/client and total bit rate control allows flexible network traffic management. Frame rate priority mode controls bit rate and compression ratio to provide the specified frame rate.
- Logging Capabilities
- Alarm log, Manual REC log, and FTP error log saved in the SD/SDHC memory card are displayed on the browser GUI and can be downloaded to the client PC. Playback or Image data download through the log is also available.
- Internet Mode
- H.264/MPEG-4 images can be transmitted over HTTP protocol.
- Multi-Language GUI
- The GUI and setup menu are available in English and French.
- Analog Monitor Output
- An analog monitor output on the camera aids installation.
- IP66 Rated
- This camera is IP66 rated for water and dust resistance and is also compatible with the IEC60529 measurement standard.
- Dehumidification Device
- A dehumidification device allows camera use in various weather conditions.
- Vandal Resistant Mechanism
- This camera is vandal resistant for extra reliability.