The Autocue/QTV 17" Direct-View Starter Series Package uses a direct view approach to prompting rather than the traditional hood and reflector glass type of setup. With this system the talent looks directly at the monitor which is mounted just below the camera on a tripod. The result is a lighter system with fewer parts to install as well as zero light reduction or image degradation. Direct view prompting is also a great option for those doing blue/green screen shoots with chromakey light rings attached to the camera.
This system comes complete with a 17" LCD monitor, QStart software, mounting plate, and cables. QStart software is a simple icon based prompting program that supports various text formats and also offers basic script formatting such as colors, bold, underline, and markers. Text input and scrolling can be easily done using a conventional computer mouse and keyboard. For more versatile control you can get the optional ShuttleXpress Hand Control (CON-SE), Wireless Hand Control (CON-WI), or, for hands-free operation, the Wireless Foot Scroll Control (CON-FC/WIRELESS).
With Windows and Mac OS support as well as both VGA and composite monitor inputs this system offers ready compatibility with a range of computer and video devices. Also included are 33' of VGA cable and 6' of power cable.
- Icon based software for simple prompting applications
- Windows complex language handling
- Single script (no run-order management)
- Import - simple .txt .doc & .rtf files
- Basic script formatting functions e.g. colors, bold/underline, markers etc.
- Windows 2000, NT, XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Mac OSX
- Mouse or keyboard control (ShuttleXpress, wireless mouse, or foot control can be added separately)
- Specialized solution for chromakey light ring applications
- 17" professional color flat screen monitor with choice of VGA or composite connection