Are you ready to rumble? Creatively, that is? Canon's PowerShot SX130 IS Digital Camera (Black) is more than up to the challenge: it's got a 12.1MP sensor, a 12x zoom lens (28-336mm equivalent in 35mm, which goes from very wide-angle to super telephoto in a snap), and a vivid 3" display.
That's just the basics--there's also dazzling 720p HD video with stereo sound, fun special effects like Fisheye and Miniatures, and Advanced Smart AUTO that gives you the absolute best exposure for 28 different shooting situations like Portrait, Landscape, Kids & Pets, Low Light, Beach, Foliage, Snow, etc.
There's manual control over exposure and focus when you want it, image stabilization that controls camera shake when the shutter speed is low, color variations like Super Vivid for magnificently saturated colors or Color Swap (pick a color in your photo and replace it with a different color that you specify), sensitivity up to 1600 ISO, exposure compensation +/- 2 f-stops in 1/3 stop increments, and 6 different exposure control methods. Whew!
But there's a lot more. And it's all accomplished with 2 AA batteries, available just about everywhere in the world. Isn't that sweet?
- Greater shooting capabilities in 720p HD video - the SX130 IS can shoot HD video with stereo sound while using the optical zoom, offering better versatility and image quality so you can fully capture those fun, memorable moments.
- A high-powered 12x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer reduces camera shake so you achieve brilliant images whether you are up close or far away.
- Great new scene modes like Miniature Effect for Movie offers a creative option to capture your videos and Fisheye Effect offers a cool artistic option to capture your images.
- Smart Flash Exposure where the camera determines the correct flash based on the shooting situation.
- Advanced Smart AUTO analyzes faces, brightness, colors, distance and movement, then selects an appropriate setting based on 28 predefined shooting situations.
- Powerful DIGIC 4 Image Processor, with 12.1 Megapixels, makes this camera a perfect device for any shooter!
- Large 3.0-inch wide LCD enables easy viewing.
- This AA battery-powered camera enables you to easily power up.
- Smart AUTO--the camera automatically selects the best shooting settings for optimal quality based on subjects and environmental factors to provide point-and-shoot simplicity.
- P (Program)--access advanced exposure compensation features while shooting mostly automatically.
- Tv (Shutter-priority)--you select the shutter speed to stop or blur action, and the camera finds the appropriate aperture. With slow exposure times, Canon's noise reduction system activates to ensure low image noise.
- Av (Aperture-priority)--you define the aperture to either isolate your subject or have clarity throughout the entire picture, and the camera will choose the corresponding shutter speed.
- M (Manual)--the ultimate in creative control, you set both aperture and shutter speed manually.
- Easy--keep the image quality as high as possible for fail-proof images.
- Portrait--the camera sets a large aperture, focusing the subject and artistically blurring the background to make your subject "pop."
- Landscape--for front to back sharpness, the camera sets a small aperture.
- Kids & Pets--reduced focusing time for even faster shutter response, so you won't miss those special shots.
- Smart Shutter--the camera automatically takes the photo when people smile, wink, or get into frame.
- Low Light--for high quality image capture in an amazing range of dimly-lit situations.
- Super Vivid--Super Vivid intensifies existing hues, saturating the scene with bright colors.
- Poster Effect--poster Effect combines several similar shades into one color, turning subtle gradations into eye-catching, scene-popping contrasts.
- Color Accent--choose to retain a single color in your image while other colors turn monochrome.
- Color Swap--select a color and replace it with a color you specify for special effects.
- Fisheye Effect--add a classic photo distortion without a fisheye lens.
- Miniature Effect--give images a miniature look with an effect that emphasizes perspective by blurring the top and bottom of the image.
- Beach--get clear shots of people at a sunny beach without darkened faces.
- Foliage--capture brilliant shots of autumn foliage, greenery and blossoms.
- Snow--shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects or an unnatural bluish tint.
- Fireworks--grab brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks