The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Zoom Lens works on both FX and DX-format D-SLR cameras. The lens features a broad zoom range, and it close-focuses down to 18" at every focal length.
On an FX body, the AF-S 28-300 ED VR covers nearly every aspect of travel, landscape, and portrait photography - including those elusive distant subjects. On a DX-format camera, the apparent focal length gets a 1.5x bump and it turns into a long-range ace-up-the-sleeve. The VR II image stabilization allows you to handhold the your camera at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and stable video capture.
For critical focusing-moments the lens has a M/A focus mode switch that allows the photographer to quickly change between manual and autofocus modes. The autofocusing is remarkably smooth and quiet - thanks to Nikon's silent wave motor system. The aperture diaphragm boasts no fewer than 9 blades that produce a rounded opening - a feature that will be greatly appreciated by bokeh-lovers everywhere!
The lens elements have been treated with Nikon's Super Integrated Coating - an optical lens coating process that maximizes light transmission while enhancing clarity and contrast. All of these world-class features add up to the AF-S 28-300 ED VR being a go-to lens for just about every adventure.
- Versatile 10.7x FX-format Zoom Lens w/ ED Glass
- Versatile zoom lens offers a broad focal length range that's perfect for travel, landscapes, portraits, and distant subjects.
- Optimized for Edge to Edge Sharpness on both FX and DX-format D-SLRs
- DX-format D-SLR angle of view is equivalent to a focal length of 42-450mm.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- Vibration Reduction system is engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens. It enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- 2 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture setting.
- 3 Aspherical Lens Elements
- Aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other aberrations, even when shooting wide open.
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- Enables quick changes between manual and autofocus operation.
- Internal Focus (IF)
- Provides fast and quiet autofocus. It also keeps the front element from spinning, which maintains the position of a polarizer or lens hood.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Enables fast, accurate, and quiet autofocusing.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Zoom Lock Switch
- Secures the lens barrel at its minimum focal length to prevent the lens from extending during transport.
- Focus to 18" at Any Focal Length
- Allows for stunning close-up shots near and far, even on smaller subjects!
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Produces images with a more natural appearing out-of-focus image areas (bokeh)