One of the beautiful things about Draper's StageScreen Projection Screens is that the StageScreen Sections are modular. Each section of the frame is replaceable eliminating the need to replace the entire system should a piece get lost or damaged.
The Draper 24 x 8" StageScreen Portable Projection Screen is a breakthrough in projection screen technology. It is designed to be flown (suspended) but can be used with an optional set of legs. This is a very strong and rugged screen that is marketed towards AV rental dealers. From a retail point of view, this means not having to maintain a larger inventory of separate screens since this screen can serve a wide variety of uses. From a user point of view, it saves you the cost of purchasing several screens. It is a wonderful choice for an easy-to-use, portable screen that sets up and breaks down in no time and with a minimum of effort.
In its smaller version, it is an excellent choice for point-of-purchase displays while in larger sizes, it serves well in auditoriums, gymnasiums and lecture halls. Draper tests showed it to be over 60% stronger than a traditional folding truss screen.
The system is completely modular with optional color coded legs designed for rapid, easy assembly. There are only 6 sections to put together - and if one of the sections is damaged, it can be readily replaced without any tools. The 8" truss design is considerably stronger than similar systems. The legs are manufactured with the same kind of sections as the frame itself.
The screen surface is held in place by Duraloops - which are bungee cords with pull-tabs. All you need do is attach the tabs to the frame and you're ready to go. No more snaps that can pop out. The screen surface is tensioned and held perfectly flat yielding an undistorted image.
Another "wow" point of this screen is that it can be used as a "Multi-Format" screen by exchanging or removing a few frame sections (separate viewing surface required). In addition to being a flexible system, it also cost-effective since you now have one screen that can serve a variety of formats - without the need to buy different sized screens and legs. The StageScreen is available in a variety of surfaces for front or rear projection. There is also an optional Dress Kit to further enhance the appearance of the screen and your presentation.
Available Screen Surfaces
Note: This item contains ONE StageScreen Section ONLY - it is NOT an entire kit
- Fully modular with parts that can be easily replaced - if a frame section should ever become damaged you can replace it in seconds without tools
- Fast and easy assembly using 6 color coded sections - StageScreen can be assembled in about half the time of a comparable truss folding screen - No hinges, no snaps, and no Handy Cranks are required
- Frame sections are connected with permanently attached threaded links and guide pins. No lost handy cranks
- Use with or without legs - Legs are built using a leg T-section with any standard frame sections, decreasing the need to keep a large inventory. The frame sections that make up the screen frame also make up the leg
- You can change a Multi-format to an NTSC, HDTV, or 16:10 format at minimal cost by exchanging or removing a few frame sections (separate viewing surface required)
- StageScreen utilizes an 8" (20cm) truss that is significantly stronger than traditional truss folding screens. It is engineered to hold tolerance after repeated usage
- Draper performed in-house testing of the strength of StageScreen truss compared to a folding truss screen. The results were dramatic: StageScreen proved to be over 60% stronger, holding strong long after the folding truss failed at its weakest spots. In addition, after extensive cycle testing, the StageScreen yielded no broken parts.
- Screen attaches using Draper's DuraLoop bungee cords - provides self-centering tension for the viewing surface - viewing surface is stretched perfectly flat
- Will accept a StageScreen Dress Kit (sold separately)
- StageScreen offers exact true formats in 33 standard sizes up to 30 x 40' (9.1 x 12.2 m)/18 x 60' (5.5 x 18.3 m)- no more nominal sizes
- StageScreen ships complete with an appropriate number of carrying cases, in addition to a floor tarp to keep your viewing surface clean during assembly