If you're looking for an easy-to-use point and shoot camcorder that offers a few extras then the 2 hour, 8GB Flip Video UltraHD Video Camera is one to check out. The UltraHD features a super-slim design, image stabilization, and compatibility with 'Designed for Flip' products using the FlipPort. These new features of the 8GB UltraHD might surprise you - especially image stabilization - but there's something to be said for added stabilization, a slimmed down unit, and the ability to use the cam with compatible products, such as docking clock radios.
The UltraHD records up to 2 hours of 1280 x 720p HD video to its 8GB internal flash memory, and gives you a 2" LCD on which to record and review images, along with the pre-loaded FlipShare software. FlipShare software automatically starts up when you connect the UltraHD's flip-out USB arm to your PC or Mac. Once connected FlipShare helps you upload to social media sites, pull stills from video, edit, and perform many other tasks with your video. Additionally, if you feel like sharing what you've shot on the big screen, the HDMI Micro Type D connection helps you do just that.
- Shoot up to 2 hours of HD video on the easy-to-use, slim UltraHD
- Press the big red button to start capturing vibrant HD video (720p/60fps) on the super-simple user interface
- Comes with 8GB of built-in memory, letting you capture 2 hours of HD video; no additional memory cards required
- Keep your video steady with the UltraHD's image stabilization feature
- Power up with the included Flip Video Rechargeable Battery Pack (recharges when connected to USB); also supported by standard 'AAA' batteries
- Connect the built-in USB arm to your PC or Mac to launch pre-loaded FlipShare software
- Use FlipShare software to organize and edit your videos, capture photos, send video greeting cards, and create custom movies
- Share videos privately using FlipShare's attachment-free email or by creating Flip Channels; post publicly with direct video shares to Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Watch your videos on your HDTV by connecting your UltraHD to your HDTV with the optional Flip Video HDMI Micro Type D to Standard Type A cable
- Record high-quality H.264 HD videos that are compatible with most video-playing applications, including Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player, and iTunes
- Video: 16:9 widescreen, HD 720p (1280 x 720) at 60 frames per seconds (fps) progressive scan; recorded as MP4 files
- Extend the capability of your UltraHD with 'Designed for Flip products' using the FlipPort, an expanded accessory line from Flip Video and partner companies. Now and in the future you'll enjoy the ability to connect to external audio devices, microphones, external storage options, GPS, remote controls, projectors and any number of ancillary accessories
- Message from the Manufacturer: Cisco recently announced that it will be exitingthe Flip business. Support will continue within the terms of the Flip Videowarranty, which is 1 year from the purchase date. FlipShare and technicalsupport for Flip video cameras will continue until December 31, 2013