The G73Jh-B1 Notebook Computer from ASUS is a powerful 17.3" notebook computer. The computer's graphics engine is powered by the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 card, loaded with 1GB of GDDR5 video memory, perfect for gaming and multimedia. An HDMI port allows you to connect the laptop to an HDTV. Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) is the installed operating system.
The system is powered by a 1.73GHz Intel Core i7-740QM which can be overclocked to 2.93GHz using Intel's Turbo Boost system. The system is loaded with a staggering 8GB of RAM, perfect for handling even the most memory-intensive applications. Storage is handled by a 1TB (2x500GB) 7200rpm hard drive system, giving you ample space for games and media. The 16:9 aspect ratio display features a 1920 x 1080 native resolution, equal to that of 1080p HD video.
Power Through Any Challenge
- Nothing fazes the G73 -- it runs the latest releases in high detail, no more watered down versions. This beast has an Intel Core i7 processor that handles all comers with on demand overclocking through Turbo Boost, hurtling CPU speeds up to 2.93GHz. All it takes is one key press and extra power becomes available
- Memory goes up to a formidable 8GB -- games run smoothly and relentlessly since nothing needs to be left out. The new G73 signifies a move towards uncompromised notebooks, so they packed it to the gills with hardware
View to a Thrill
- Visuals look awesome on the 17.3" full HD screen, and are made even better by the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 with 1GB GDDR5 memory -- an overkill GPU taking notebook gaming beyond the edge so you no longer have to switch graphic details off in options menus
- G73 is 100% DX11 compliant -- offering all the benefits of the latest graphics standard. Future proofing never had this much firepower
- Even the built-in camera rises above the norm -- offering 2 megapixels so gamers can stay in visual contact with one another in style
The New Spin
- High definition has well and truly dawned, it's now a must in any self-respecting setup. And because G73 is the gaming notebook of choice, it doesn't cut any corners when it comes to optical media -- the Blu-ray Disc/DVD combo drive makes sure of that
Sounds Like Domination
- G73 gamers get the upper hand thanks to EAX 4.0 3D surround that makes every morsel of audio come to life in vivid detail for complete spatial awareness. Great gaming deserves great sound -- not the tinny output other notebooks have
- Inspired by the F-117 stealth bomber, the matte-finished G73 is an ergonomic feast of gamer-centric features -- a huge keyboard that lights up for night time ops and can be turned off instantly for stealth, ample handrest real estate and rubberized surface areas for comfort during prolonged sessions
Ready for Take Off
- Twin rear exhausts draw heat away from the action with some of the best cooling around. This afterburner effect doesn't come with a noise penalty -- G73 is a formidable performer, but it's deadly silent
Massive Is Good
- Ample was the imperative when designing this notebook -- down to dual SATA support and 1TB in storage, a far cry from the paltry hard drives of most notebooks. Nothing escapes real gamers equipped with enough install space!
Great for Civilians
- Games are among the most demanding applications for a PC. This means G73 has more than enough oomph to handle pretty much every other kind of usage you throw at it, should you choose to take time off gaming. It's a notebook PC, after all - just a very powerful one
- ASUS's superlative warranty features a full year of accidental damage from handling coverage, a 30-day zero bright dot pixel guarantee, and 2 years of global coverage with free overnight shipping and 24x7 technical support