For high-quality printing while on the go, consider the Brother MPrint Series MW-260 Small Format Mobile Printer. Weighing just over a pound, it is small enough to fit in a briefcase, backpack gear bag or messenger bag with ease. Now you can print your documents without delay in the field, at home, at school and even on a plane!
It delivers up to 3 postcard-sized monochrome prints per minute at an easy-to-read resolution of 300 dpi. The MW-260 uses Thermal Transfer Technology, so there are no ink cartridges or ribbons to change. It accommodates 4.1 x 5.8"/A6 size paper which is loaded into the device via a 50-sheet capacity auto-feed cassette and delivers professional-looking, cut-sheet documents.
The MW-260 was originally designed for the increasing number of businesses using mobile technology such as salesmen, public safety personnel, field accountants or industrial workers. It can benefit a wide variety of non-professional applications- students, shoppers, chefs - and anyone else can benefit from the printer's ability to enhance their productivity.
The MW-260 is equipped with a USB interface so you can print price quotes, receipts, bar-coded documents, order confirmations, test results and more. With Bluetooth and IrDA connectivity, the printer becomes even more portable - you can print data from hand-held terminals, medical instruments, test equipment, laptops, PDAs Smartphones and more - without being encumbered by bothersome cables.
- Developed for a Mobile Workforce
- MPrint was developed for mobile workforce professionals who need to share the information they create with their clients while in the field. The printers can help increase productivity and improve customer satisfaction by providing the ability to print on-the-spot hard copies of data and transactions that are critical to your business.
- Fast Thermal Printing
- Fast thermal printing - up to three pages per minute - so there's no frustrating wait for copies.
- Connectivity Options
- The infrared IrDA interface offers line-of-sight wireless printing allowing compatibility with older computing devices. The Serial interface gives system developers an easy way to integrate mobile printing into portable test equipment or any device that can output ASCII data. A USB interface is also built-in for connectivity with current computers, laptops and electronic notebooks.
- Printing Ease
- Built-in text and barcode fonts, the ability to store bitmap images for printing logos, graphics, photos and more, make using the MW-260 a breeze.
- Professional-Looking Documents
- Professional-looking, cut-sheet documents are always the same size, with no torn ends or curls.
- Software Development
- Brother provides the necessary tools to develop and integrate MPrint drivers into your project quickly and efficiently. Making it easy to add printing to your custom mobile applications, MPrint drivers are available for Windows PCs, and software development kits are available for Pocket PC and Windows Mobile PDAs, .NET Compact Framework, BlackBerry devices and others.
- Software Bundle
- Printing software included with the MW-260: MPrint printer drivers, Brother MPrint printing software, and add-ins for BlackBerry Messages, Calendar, and Tasks.
- Internal Paper Cassettes
- High quality ThermaPlus M paper sheets and carbon copy paper are automatically fed from easy-to-load paper cassettes. Internal paper cassettes allow quick and easy exchanging of paper.
- ThermaPlus M & Carbon Copy Paper
- Brother's ThermaPlus M paper is designed specifically for mobile applications. It feels like plain paper, is easy to write on, allows the use of highlighters, and reduces print fading. Brother also offers carbon copy paper for those applications that require a second copy. Both are great for sales receipts, price quotes, customer invoices, maintenance and repair reports, tickets and fines, medical test results, patient instructions, and more.
MPrint Series Applications
- Field Service
- Increase customer satisfaction and reduce invoicing errors by eliminating handwritten forms. Print maintenance and repair reports, customer receipts and invoices, service records, and safety inspection certificates on the spot.
- Route Accounting
- Complete delivery transactions more quickly and provide professional-looking customer receipts, invoices, transaction confirmations, product order forms, and more.
- Field Sales
- Improve worker productivity and speed decision making. Print quotes and proposals, receipts, invoices, order confirmations, and product order forms, and hand them directly to your customer.
- Public Safety
- Because of its lightweight and compact size, police officers can use MPrint to replace handwritten tickets, summonses, warning notices, and more. They can provide emergency instructions, travel information, general directions, and locations to hospitals and clinics.
- Easily print healthcare instructions and medical test results for caregivers and patients. The lightweight design and professional-looking output means that home healthcare workers can have the same benefits as other mobile workers.
- Transportation workers can use MPrint to print bus and train tickets, provide customer directions and travel information, and print fines for non-paying riders.