The Nikon AF VR Zoom-NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED Lens is a high-powered zoom lens featuring an innovative Vibration Reduction (VR) system that allows handheld super-telephoto zoom shooting in poorly lit conditions. The VR system minimizes image blur caused by camera shake, and offers the equivalent of shooting at a shutter speed 3 stops (8 times) faster. The lens offers a natural viewfinder image even during VR operation and also detects automatically when the photographer pans. It is ideal for candid, portrait, sports photography and more.
Nikon D-type lenses transmit subject-to-camera distance information to the camera. The camera uses this distance information to refine its exposure calculations. AF not supported by D40, D60, D3000 & D5000 cameras.
Vibration Reduction (VR) minimizes image blur caused by camera shake (cancelable).
Two VR modes available:
1) Vibration Reduction for both the viewfinder image and the image on film. Moderate VR operation is executed to ensure viewing comfort for the viewfinder image.
2) VR for the image on the film only (conserves battery power).
- New optical design incorporates three ED glass elements for superior optical performance throughout the entire zoom range.
- Built-in A/M switch enables instant switching from autofocus to manual focus (lock mechanism provided).
- Focus range limiter for smooth focus operation.
- Detachable tripod mounting foot provided.
- Filter attachment does not rotate during focusing or zooming.