The Nikon Coolpix S4000 Digital Camera (Silver) produces images with up to 12.0 megapixels of resolution, and incorporates a 4x wide-angle zoom lens. The 27 to 108mm lens allows you to take large groups in a tight space, and also capture subjects in the distance.
Shooting in low light is not a problem with Nikon's exclusive 4-way VR Image Stabilization technology that utilizes Electronic VR Image Stabilization, along with the cameras high sensitivity equivalent of ISO 3200, Motion Detection, and the exclusive Best Shot Selector (BSS). This ensures that your photos will always look great - regardless of lighting conditions or subject movement.
For difficult image situations the camera offers 16 different scene modes. If you are not sure which to choose the Scene Auto Selector will make the decision for you. Nikon's Smart Portrait System ensures beautiful portrait and people shots by combining Nikon's innovative smile mode, Blink Warning, In-Camera Red-Eye Fix, D-Lighting, Skin Softening, and Face Priority AF technologies. Furthermore, the S4000 includes Nikon's Coolpix Software Suite for organizing, editing and sharing your photos.
The bright, high resolution 3.0" LCD Touch Panel provides a wide viewing angle and an anti-reflective coating that allows for easy composition and viewing of photos even in direct sunlight. With Touch Shutter and Autofocus simply tap the LCD to have the camera focus and even shoot the picture. You even have retouching and drawing functions for quick, convenient in-camera enhancements and personalization to any image. All of these features make the slim design Coolpix S4000 the camera to take with you everywhere you go.
- 12.0 Megapixel Resolution
- With 12.0 million pixels of image information, the Nikon Coolpix S4000 can produce stunning, photo quality prints up to 20 x 30" without any loss of image quality.
- 4x Wide-angle Zoom Lens
- The Nikkor Glass Lens has a versatile zoom range from wide 27mm to 108mm telephoto coverage that gets you close to your subject while capturing expansive landscapes.
- 4-Way VR Image Stabilization System
- The Optical VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization system utilizes Electronic VR Image Stabilization to minimize the effect of camera shake while the cameras automatically controlled high sensitivity of up to ISO 3200 allows for sharper images when shooting under low light conditions. The Motion Detection system helps to further compensate for subject motion and Nikon's exclusive Best Shot Selector ensures that your images will always be sharp and crisp.
- HD Movies
- Record HD 720p HD movies at 24fps for easy in camera playback or on your computer.
- 3.0" Touch Panel
- The beautiful and bright 3.0' High Resolution Touch Panel HVGA (460,000-dot) is a clear color display with anti-glare coating that enables easy touch control to all camera functions.
- Sensitive Response Touch Panel display enables effortless use of touch panel by ensuring sensitive response to even the lightest tapping and touch for smooth operation
- Touch Shutter and Autofocus simply tap the LCD to have the camera focus and even shoot the picture
- Retouch and Draw functions for quick, convenient in-camera enhancements and personalization to any image
- 16 Scene Modes with Scene Auto Selector
- The Coolpix S4000 incorporates 16 scene modes that cover some of the more common difficult shooting situations to maximize the image quality. The scene modes automatically adjust focus, exposure, white balance and other settings to make getting a good exposure easy. The Scene Auto selector automatically selects the best fit from 6 commonly used scene modes - making the camera ideal for the quick shooter.
- EXPEED Image Processing
- EXPEED Image Processing ensures high-quality pictures with stunning color and sharpness. Nikon's comprehensive digital imaging processing concept incorporates the know-how and technologies accumulated throughout our long history of photographic and digital imaging development and is custom-tuned for the camera.
- Smart Portrait System
- The Smart portrait system combines the functions of several exclusive Nikon technologies to ensure that portraits and group shots will always look their best. These include Nikon's innovative smile mode that automatically releases the camera shutter at the moment that your subject smiles, Blink Warning, when activated alerts you that the subject may have blinked and allows you to retake the photo, In-Camera Red-Eye Fix which automatically detects and corrects for red eye, D-Lighting which compensates for excessive backlight or insufficient flash in images, Skin Softening smoothes skin tone at three different levels for optimal portraits, and Face Priority AF which automatically finds and focuses on up to 12 people's faces within one frame.
- Scene Auto Selector
- Scene Auto Selector automatically recognizes the scene in your picture and adjusts camera setting
- D-Lighting rescues dark or backlit images by improving brightness and detail during playback
- Subject Tracking
- Subject Tracking will automatically track a moving subject to ensure sharp focus
- Quick Retouch
- Quick Retouch optimizes contrast and color vividness for beautiful images