Looking for more pizzazz in your pictures? A lot more? Casio's Exilim EX-Z800 Digital Camera (Black) may be the cure for the common photograph. With 14.1 megapixels, an ultra wide-angle 4x zoom lens (27-108mm equivalent in 35mm), image stabilization to beat camera shake, 720 HD video, and Premium Auto function to give you optimal settings for every single shot you take, you know you're getting the high quality you deserve. What really sets this tiny (less than 1" thick, only 3.5" long) gem apart are the ways you can enhance the pictures you take.
If you've ever received an animated e-greeting, you'll appreciate the Dynamic Photo mode, which makes it not only possible, but easy, to create "moving photos" in the camera--by taking a quick series of 20 pictures of a moving subject, extracting the subject from the background and inserting the multiple images (which create the impression of movement) into another background, you can make your subject appear to move for as long as 20 seconds. Create your own e-greetings and email them to your friends and family. It sounds complicated, but the EX-Z800 makes it as simple as 1-2-3 to shoot, create, and view images, without using a computer.
But that's not all--the EX-Z800 has a YouTube mode with optimal settings for shooting and uploading video to YouTube, plus one-button video shooting so you never miss a video opportunity. An Art Shot mode will make a photo you've taken look like an oil painting, a crayon drawing, or a watercolor picture, your choice. Face Detection gives you the best possible settings for the people in your pictures, and Make-Up mode makes adjustments to smooth the skin and soften facial shadows caused by sunlight, with a choice of 12 different levels. Super Resolution Digital Zoom extends the maximum telephoto range of the optical zoom up to 1.5x.
With dedicated Shoot, View and Delete buttons that provide access to each of the basic operations of a the camera, the EX-Z800 couldn't be simpler to operate, and the lens, LCD monitor and buttons are flat, keeping the camera body compact and elegant so it fits the contours of the hand, where it's always ready to produce your next fantastic image.
- Dynamic Photo Animated e-Greetings
- Thanks to the high-speed image processing capability of the new engine, a moving subject can be cut out of a number of images that have been shot and combined with a different still shot that forms the background. A unique digital camera image where only the main subject in the photo is moving can be created using just the camera, with no editing on a computer.
- Art Shot
- Makes use of the image processing technology in the Exilim Engine 5.0 to create photos for scenery or human subjects that have the feel of a painting. The view in the LCD screen of the subject in front of the user can be switched between oil painting, a crayon drawing, or a watercolor picture, allowing the user to select the preferred art style in which to photograph the scene.
- Face Detection
- Put a better face on your images with automatic Face Detection technology. Our camera adjusts instantly for optimum focus and background even if your subject is backlit or in front of a patterned backdrop. Moving targets? No problem. The camera will capture kids and pets on the go in the sharpest detail.
- One-Button Video
- One-Button Video makes it very easy for you to switch back and forth between still and video modes to capture the perfect moment.
- CCD Stabilization
- This feature stabilizes the image mechanically during recording whenever camera movement is detected. Images come out crisp and clear, even under conditions that are prone to camera movement.
- Premium Auto
- Premium Auto enables the camera to automatically analyze the scene being photographed--including distinguishing night scenes, back lighting, a blue sky, green trees or a sunset--as well as sensing whether there is a face in the frame, the movement and position of the subject, and whether a tripod is being used. It simultaneously optimizes settings for exposure, ISO, sensitivity, focus location, photo blur correction, tonal range and color balance, and level of noise reduction.
- 4X Optical Zoom, 6X Single SR Zoom Lens (27mm)
- An ultra wide-angle 27mm lens reaching to 108mm allows a wide range of capture options. An ultra wide-angle lens allows for capture of grand vistas, or confined interior shots with not much room to maneuver. Its 4X optical zoom, 6X single SR zoom and anti-shake provides that extra extended reach and versatility when needed.
- Make-Up Mode
- In addition to recognizing faces and adjusting focus and exposure accordingly, these cameras can make adjustments to smooth skin in images and soften facial shadows caused by sunlight, creating beautiful photographs of people's faces. The photographer can choose from one of twelve levels of skin beauty using different strengths of image processing, and can shoot after viewing the results in the LCD monitor.
- YouTube Capture Mode
- Just by pressing the movie button, widescreen movies can be recorded with an aspect ratio of 16:9. The camera also offers YouTube Capture Mode, which records and saves movies at the ideal settings for uploading to YouTube.
- Landscape Mode
- The EX-Z800 features a Landscape Mode for capturing beautiful scenic photography. Unlike earlier landscape photography modes, which enhance the saturation of an entire hue, users can now select between the Vivid Landscape option that uses image analysis to determine and vividly enhance only the most important colors in the landscape or the Mist Removal option that makes weather-affected misty scenes look clear and bright.