The Continuum Film Look Unit (Win) is a Windows OS based unit that allows you to transform your video to give it a film look. Incorporating individual film process plug-ins from the Continuum Complete unit, the Continuum Film Look Unit includes plug-ins such as Film Process, Film Damage, Match Grain, Film Grain, De-interlace, and Prism. You can infuse digital video with a "film look" via the Film Process plug-in, which reproduces the dynamic color range of film by intensifying the digital image's color response range.
Color gradation and simulation of a number of analog lens filters, optical processes, and special effects is also included in the Continuum Film Look unit. Appearance of old film stock can be emulated using the Film Damage plug-in, which infuses effects such as scratches, grain particles, hair or fibers, dirt, dust, water spots, camera shakes, or flicker in the image.
A realistic composite imagery can be obtained from computer-generated images via the Match Grain plug-in. Here, snapshots of telecined media are taken and a grain signature is generated that can be used as a basis of comparison for the destination clip, which has a small amount or no grain content. Grain-matched video shots can be seamlessly spliced into a sequence of telecined media using the Continuum Film Look unit.
Presence of grain particles in the emulsion of movie or photo film can be simulated using the auto-animated effect created via the Film Grain plug-in. "Simulated TeleCine" style can be rendered via the De-interlace plug-in by adding a pulldown.
With this plug-in, you can convert interlaced video clips into progressive-scan frames and 29.97fps NTSC video into 24fps film-style frames. Chromatic aberration photographic effects can be simulated via the Prism plug-in that emulates generation of prismatic color fringing along the high contrast edges within the image.
The Continuum Film Look Unit supports NLE software such as Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Sony Vegas Pro.
- Allows you to attribute a "film" look to videos and is compatible with Win OS based systems
- Film Process plug-in - Offers reproduction of dynamic color range of film by intensifying the digital image's color response range. It also offers color gradation and simulation of a number of analog lens filters, optical processes, and special effects
- Film Damage plug-in - Infuses effects such as scratches, grain particles, hair or fibers, dirt, dust, water spots, camera shake or flicker in the image
- Match Grain plug-in - Derives realistic composite imagery from computer-generated images and offers splicing of grain-matched video shots into a sequence of telecined media
- Film Grain plug-in - Creates an auto-animated noise effect that simulates the presence of grain particles in the emulsion of a movie or photo film
- De-interlace plug-in - Renders a "simulated telecine" style and converts interlaced video clips into progressive scan-frames and 29.97fps NTSC video frames into 24fps film-style ones
- Prism plug-in - Simulates the chromatic aberration photographic effect
- Supports NLE software such as Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Sony Vegas Pro