The Boris FX Continuum Materials Unit (Mac) is a set of 15 Mac OS based BCC filters that allow you to apply textures such as steel plates, bricks, clouds, granite, wooden planks, cloth, weave, etc to any surface. Procedurally generated textures offer smooth rendering of effects at any scale. In addition, animation parameter controls such as color, height and width of materials are available in each of the filters.
You can also add 3D details and lighting effects to material surfaces via the Materials Unit. Presets with complex animations are included to simplify the process further. You can apply a non-slip steel plate look to backgrounds or multifaceted objects using the Steel Plate filter. The filter also includes controls for the number and size of rivets, bolts, and other components.
A variety of brickwork or tiled surfaces with texture and lighting controls can be added via the Brick filter. Light refraction and its effects through water can be emulated via the Caustics filter, while texture effects resembling tightly-woven fabric can be added using the Cloth filter. A realistic cloud pattern and marble texture can be simulated via the Clouds and Fractal Noise filters, respectively.
Granite and Mixed Colors filters offer mottled stone and color noise map effects. You can generate procedural-based, resolution-independent, auto-animated image clips via the Noise Map 2 filter. Using Reptilian and Rock filters, you can attribute scale, spotted animal skin, and 3D rough rock surface textures, respectively, to surfaces. Similar texture effects are also offered via the Veined Marble, Weave, Wood Grain, and Wooden Planks filters.
The Continuum Materials Unit is compatible with NLE software such as Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Final Cut Express, Apple Motion, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Offers realistic texture generation capabilities and is compatible with Mac OS based systems
- Includes 15 Boris Continuum Complete filters
- Procedural-generation of textures provides smooth rendering at any scale
- Offers animation parameter controls such as color, height, and width of materials
- Offers 3D detail addition to material surfaces
- Includes filter presets that ease complex animation processes
- Steel Plate filter - Attributes a non-slip steel plate look
- Brick filter - Generates versatile brickwork and tiled surfaces with texture and lighting effects
- Caustics filter - Produces effects of light refraction through water
- Cloth filter - Produces texture effects of tightly-woven fabric
- Clouds and Fractal Noise filters - Offers realistic cloud pattern and marble texture effects
- Granite and Mixed Colors filters - Produces stone and color noise map effects
- Noise Map 2 filter - Generates procedural-based, resolution-independent, auto-animated image clips
- Reptilian and Rock filters - Adds scale, spotted animal skin, and 3D rough rock surface textures
- Includes Veined Marble, Weave, Wood Grain and Wooden Planks filters
- Supports NLE software such as Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Final Cut Express, Apple Motion, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Premiere Pro