Novatron has for many years been providing well-built, dependable lights and kits with solid core features at a reasonable price.
The Novatron D1500 4 Head Studio Kit is no exception. The heart of the kit is the D1500 digital power pack which distributes 1500W/s over 4 outlets as fast as 2.5 seconds to full recycle. Power output is variable over 5.8 stops in precise 1/10 stop increments. A complete package, the kit includes 3 standard 1000W/s flash heads as well as a 3-way switching head with a 2-stop flash and modeling light range; ideal to ratio flash output. Speaking of modeling lights, the heads ship with 100W Tungsram bulbs all around.
The electronics are backed up by sturdy hardware and light shaping tools. There are three 10' lightstands as well as a 3' backlight stand. Two 43" diameter white umbrellas soften the light for portraits or group shots. You can use the supplied gel holder and included color gels for special effects or use with the adjustable stovepipe snoot to cast an attractive hairlight.
Of course, a sync cord is provided along with a wheeled carrying case to transport or store the kit.
- The D1500 is fully digital microprocessor controlled with output power that is variable in 1/10 f-stop increments, over its entire 5.8 f-stop range.
- Easy to Use
- Output is displayed on a bright 1/2 inch tall LED that can be easily seen under bright room lights, and the large display is visible from many feet away. This rugged pack has misfire alarms. The sync voltage is compatible with most digital cameras.
- Flash Heads
- The 2105 Standard Flash Head is for photographer that wants a full power light source an extra 10' from their power pack than the 2100. Like the 2100, it's not intended for any light ratio options.
- The 2140-C 3-Way Switching Flash Head provides the control you need to ratio the output of the head. It can share an equal portion of the light, from the other heads plugged into the same pack, or reduce the light by one or two stops. The modeling light adjusts, independently, the same way.
- Support Cast
- The 5010T medium duty stand rises to a maximum of 10'.
- The backlight stand can be used at 3' in height or go as low as only 4", with a second included 5/8" stud that screws into one of the legs or replaces the two telescoping center sections.
- The Adjustable Snoot is a simple, effective creative tool that zooms in length. It fine tunes highlights on hair and products providing a light similar to a soft spot. In theatrical lighting, this is known as top hat.
- This Gel and Diffusion Material Holder features a deep rear rim and snaps in place on the front rim of all Novatron's 6.5" reflectors.
- Two 43" umbrellas soften the output.
- Pack it up and take it on the road with the wheeled system case.