The MPAC-01 from MXL is a single channel microphone with a built in compressor. The unit utilizes THAT Corporation 1512 opamps which are known for their exceptional low noise performance and low THD + N through the full audio bandwidth. The preamp can supply +48V phantom power for use with condenser microphones.
The preamp possesses a clean and transparent tonality so it won't color your sound. The VCA compressor is fully controllable and allows you to manipulate your dynamics with precision. A 20dB pad and a reverse polarity switch enhance the usefulness of the unit, while an analog meter displays output or gain reduction. A variable high-pass filter rounds out the comprehensive functionality of the preamp.
- Single channel microphone preamp with compressor
- Balanced input/output and an unbalanced insert jack
- Built-in VCA compressor
- Switchable +48V phantom power
- Variable frequency high-pass filter (50Hz to 175Hz)
- 20dB pad and phase reverse switches
- Analog meter displays output and gain reduction
- Low noise operation