This SolarMax II 40 H-Alpha Solar Viewing Filter Kit is comprised of a 40mm aperture narrowband H-a filter with the TMax tuner, and a BF-5 blocking filter. It is maximized for telescopes equal to or shorter than a 500mm focal length. The filter increases the bandwidth from <0.5 to <0.7 â¿« providing greater detail and sharpness of the solar features.
SolarMax II H-Alpha filters allow viewing of the active surface of the sun with 100% safety. None of the parts of this kit are stand-alone units - each component is equally crucial to the user's safety and the system's performance.
The SolarMax II 40 filter comes with the T-Max 40 Doppler Tuning Unit. The T-Max is used to de-tune the telescope's optical system. The wavelengths produced by high-velocity events such as active flares and coronal mass ejections (CME) can Doppler-shift and become invisible to an H-Alpha tuned system. The T-Max unit allows the user to de-tune the SolarMax filter slightly to make these phenomena more visible.
A Rear-Blocking Filter is also included in this kit, and it is designed for use with telescopes that have a focal length equal to or shorter than 500mm. The BF-5 is a 1.25" right-angle diagonal, and it must be used in conjunction with the SolarMax filters.
- SolarMax II 40 H-Alpha Filter
- Converts telescopes with a focal length equal to or shorter than 500 mm into a <0.7 Å solar viewing system
- T-Max 40 Doppler Tuning Unit
- Attached directly behind the etalon, the tuner adjusts to compensate for Doppler shifted light. By de-tuning the SolarMax filter towards the blue end of the H-Alpha line, the T-Max 40 facilitates enhanced observation and imaging of solar disk shapes, surface details, prominences, granulation, and edge activities
- BF-5 Blocking Filter
- Designed for use with telescopes that have a focal length equal to or shorter than 500 mm, the BF-5 is a 1.25" right angle diagonal that must be used with a SolarMax filter