The 2TB Caviar Green SATA Internal Hard Drive from Western Digital is an internal hard drive, designed with energy-efficiency and quiet operation in mind. It features a SATA interface and standard 3.5" form factor for installation in desktop computers.
This Caviar Green drive uses Advanced Format technology. Advanced Format technology allows the Caviar Green to read and write more data onto the same available space. It uses 4K-byte sectors instead of the more traditional 512-byte sectors, allowing for increased media format efficiency and enabling larger drive capacities. After installing the drive, you may be required to run Western Digital's Align software. The Western Digital Align software creates partitions on the Advanced Format drive to ensure it provides full performance for certain configurations.
- Massive Capacity
- The 2TB Caviar Green SATA Internal Hard Drive delivers 2TB of storage on a single drive.
- Reduced Power Consumption
- Western Digital has reduced power consumption making it possible for energy-conscious customers to build systems with higher capacities and the right balance of system performance, ensured reliability and energy conservation.
- Cool and Quiet
- Drives with WD GreenPower Technology yield lower operating temperatures for increased reliability and low acoustics for ultra-quiet PCs and external drives.
- A fine-tuned balance of spin speed, transfer rate and caching algorithms designed to deliver both significant power savings and solid performance.
- Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise and vibration.
- NoTouch Ramp Load Technology
- The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring better drive protection in transit as well as significantly less wear to the recording head and media.