The Shape Cameleon I Camera Support Kit consists of the Cameleon I camera support (CA Shoulder Rig, Hand6 Quick Handle, and Pad1 Back Pad), Shape Box, and Counter Weight. It is designed to be used on either shoulder. The camera support is also compatible with most video and DSLR cameras with a standard 1/4-20 threaded socket.
When worn, the camera platform (and the base of the camera) is placed 0.75" (1.9cm) above the tip of the shoulder. This rig is manufactured from lightweight aluminum and is powder coat painted with a wrinkle finish. The shoulder pad is cushioned for comfort.
The CA Shoulder Rig can be adjusted to fit your needs and body type. Most modifications can be done using knobs on the device, and you can arrange the camera and attach it to the rig using a standard 1/4-20 screw. This knob can be reached through a 3" (7.5 cm) opening on the camera platform. The angle that the camera is pointing at can also be adjusted. Using a knob, you can adjust the Back Pad or even remove it when not required. The Shoulder Rig features a Telescopic Support Arm that can be extended or retracted to fit your body type, and can be removed when not needed. It can also be attached to a tripod head via an optional quick-release plate that can be fixed underneath the camera platform.
Positioned on either side of the shoulder that the rig is worn, the Hand6 Quick Handle consists of 2 handles. Each handle is ergonomically designed and can be rotated 360°, offering a firm grip. The handles are equipped with buttons which when pressed allow the handle to be rotated, and when released hold the handle tightly in place.
The Pad1 Back Pad acts as a counter-weight and can be separated from the rig by means of a screw knob. It can easily be adjusted to suit your body type, and adjusts upwards and downwards through a distance of 0.25-1" (3 cm) and through 360° from left to right. The Back Pad features a 1/4-20 threaded hole that can be used to attach the Shape Box or another compatible accessory. It weighs 0.35 lb (0.160 kg).
Accessories such as wireless audio receivers, audio recorders, hard drive recorders, and battery packs can be stored within the Shape Box. You can use the Shape Box video accessories holder to hold all accessories in proximity to the camera. Proximity to the camera reduces the length of the connectors and cables required for the accessories. You can attach the Shape Box below the camera platform of compatible camera supports or directly beneath a camera via a 1/4-20 screw located on upper side of the box. Two 1/4-20 threaded holes on the lower side of the shape box allow you to connect it above the camera platform of compatible camera supports. Open front and rear ends of the box allow you to access the housed accessory without hassles for plugging/unplugging cables or accessing controls at the front. Neoprene foam pads measuring 3/16" on the upper and lower surfaces of the box hold the accessory in place. The Shape Box is made of 1/8" aluminum and has a powder coat paint finish.
You can augment the stability of the camera support using the Counter Weight that balances or counterweighs the camera at the rear. Some of the camera weight is also relieved from the handles the by the 4 lb padded Counter Weight. You can attach the Counter Weight to the camera support via a screw knob. You can easily position the counter weight to fit your body type, and a simple removal mechanism allows you to detach it from the camera support.
- Cameleon I
- Consists of Cameleon I camera support (CA Shoulder Rig, Hand6 Quick Handle, and Pad1 Back Pad), Shape Box, and Counter Weight
- Designed to be used on either shoulder
- Compatible with most video and DSLR cameras with a standard 1/4-20 threaded socket
- Comfortable positioning of camera - 0.75" (1.9cm) above the shoulder tip, ensures user ease for positioning the viewfinder and/or LCD monitor
- Manufactured from lightweight aluminum - wrinkle finished with powder coat paint
- Cushioned Back Pad ensures user comfort during extended periods of usage
- CA Shoulder Rig
- Easily adjusted to suit your needs and body type
- Modifications done with knobs; no specialized tools required
- Camera can be fixed to the Shoulder Rig with the help of a standard 1/4-20 screw
- Allows easy and quick adjustment of camera angle
- Removable Telescopic Support Arm for quick adjustment
- Optional quick-release plate to transfer the camera onto a tripod and back onto the rig
- Compatible with Shape Box (included), 15mm Rod system (optional), and other Shape accessories
- Camera platform can be adjusted back and forth through a distance of 2.25" (5.7cm) to ensure comfortable viewing distance of the camera's LCD monitor or viewfinder
- Hand6 Quick Handle
- Consists of 2 handles that can be individually rotated through 360° in the vertical plane
- Ergonomically designed for firm grip
- Outfitted with buttons for quick-release and adjustment while shooting
- Handle core is manufactured out of heavy duty technopolymer
- Handles made of non-slip rubber
- Arms of the Quick Handle made of 0.125" thick aluminum
- Pad1 Back Pad
- Weighs 0.35 lb (0.160 kg)
- Can be removed from the rig by means of a single knob
- Can be adjusted upwards or downwards through a distance of 0.25 -1" (3cm) and through 360° from left to right
- Compatible with Shape Box and other accessories
- Adds stability and comfort to the Shoulder Rig
- Shape Box
- Incorporates a convenient design to hold all video accessories in proximity to the camera
- Houses accessories such as wireless audio receivers, audio recorders, hard drive recorders, and battery packs
- Reduces the length of the connectors and cables required for the accessories
- Offers under camera platform attachment or under camera environment via a 1/4-20 screw located on upper side of the box
- Two 1/4-20 threaded holes on the lower side allow connection above the camera platform of compatible camera supports
- Provides access to the housed accessories via open front and rear end
- Includes 3/16" Neoprene foam pads on the upper and lower surfaces to hold the accessory in place
- 1/8" aluminum body is covered with industrial grade powder coat paint
- Counter Weight
- Augments stability of a camera support by balancing or counterweighing the camera at the rear
- Relieves camera weight from the handles
- Includes padding for the Counter Weight
- Weighs 4 lb
- Attaches to the camera support via a screw knob
- Provides easy positioning according to body type
- Offers a simple removal mechanism to detach from the camera support