The Shape Cameleon II Pro Camera Support consists of the CA Shoulder Rig, 15mm Rod System, Arm1 Telescopic Support Arm, Hand6 Quick Handle, and Pad1 Back Pad. It is designed to be used on either shoulder. The camera support is also compatible with most video and DSLR cameras with a standard 1/4-20 threaded socket.
When worn, the camera platform (and the base of the camera) is placed 0.75"(1.9cm) above the tip of the shoulder. This rig is manufactured from light-weight aluminum and is powder coated with a wrinkle finish. The Shoulder Pad is cushioned for comfort.
The CA Shoulder Rig can be adjusted to fit your needs and body type. All modifications can be done using knobs on the device, and you can arrange the camera and attach it to the rig using a standard 1/4-20 screw. This knob can be reached through a 3" (7.5cm) opening on the camera platform. The angle that the camera is pointing at can also be adjusted. Using a knob, you can adjust the Back Pad or even remove it when not required. The Shoulder Rig features a telescopic support arm that can be extended or retracted to fit your body type, and can be removed when not needed. It can also be attached to a tripod head via an optional quick-release plate that can be fixed underneath the camera platform.
You can use the Shape 15mm Rod System as an accessory for matte boxes, 35mm lens adaptor, and follow focus mechanisms. Additional weight on the lens is avoided by supporting the weight of these accessories. The 15mm Rod System is composed of a bracket and two 15mm aluminum rods. Measuring 8" (20.3cm) in length, the rods have 1/2-13 threaded female tips, which allow attachment to other 15mm rods. Using a 4mm hexagonal key, the Rod System is attached to the front of the camera and can be easily removed when not in use. Offering easy adjustment, the Rod System uses a small knob for horizontal adjustments, allowing movement of the rods along the bracket. Vertical adjustments can be made up to a height of 1 3/8" (3.5cm) to match the height of the video accessory by using a 4mm hexagonal key.
Augmented stability and versatility for the camera support can be achieved using the Arm1 Telescopic Support Arm; a Manfrotto 233B Camera Mount Bracket with a 4" cup that provides large surface contact area. You can extend the telescopic support arm from a length of 14-20". Rotation of 360° along both vertical and horizontal axes is possible via the rotating arm. You can place the cup on a stable surface such as your waist, hip, thigh, or a nearby wall, or on the ground.
Positioned on either side of the shoulder that the rig is worn, the Hand6 Quick Handle consists of 2 handles. Each handle is ergonomically designed and can be rotated 360°, offering a firm grip. The handles are equipped with buttons which when pressed allow the handle to be rotated, and when released hold the handle tightly in place.
The Pad1 Back Pad adds stability to the Shoulder Rig, and can be separated from the rig by means of a screw knob. It can easily be adjusted to suit your body type, and adjusts upwards and downwards through a distance of 0.25-1" (3cm) and through 360° from left to right. The Back Pad features a 1/4-20 threaded hole that can be used to attach the Shape Box or another compatible accessory. It weighs 0.35 lb (0.160 kg).
- Cameleon II Pro
- Consists of CA Shoulder Rig, 15mm Rod System, Arm1 Telescopic Support Arm, Hand6 Quick Handle, and Pad1 Back Pad
- Designed to be used on either shoulder
- Compatible with most video and DSLR cameras with a standard 1/4-20 threaded socket
- Comfortable positioning of camera - 0.75" (1.9cm) above the shoulder tip, ensures user ease for positioning the viewfinder and/or LCD monitor
- Manufactured from light-weight aluminum - powder coat with wrinkle finished
- Cushioned Back Pad ensures user comfort during extended periods of usage
- CA Shoulder Rig
- Easily adjusted to suit your needs and body type
- Modifications done with knobs; no specialized tools required
- Camera can be fixed to the Shoulder Rig with the help of a standard 1/4-20 screw
- Allows easy and quick adjustment of camera angle
- Removable telescopic support arm for quick adjustment
- Optional quick-release plate to transfer the camera onto a tripod and back onto the rig
- Compatible with Shape Box, 15mm Rod System, and other Shape accessories
- Camera platform can be adjusted back and forth through a distance of 2.25" ( 5.7cm) to ensure comfortable viewing distance of the camera's LCD monitor or viewfinder
- 15mm Rod System
- Avoids additional weight on the lens by supporting the weight of matte boxes, 35mm lens adaptor, and follow focus mechanisms
- Comprises of a bracket and two 15mm aluminum rods
- Measures 8" (20.3cm) in length
- (1/2-13) threaded female tips allow attachment on other 15mm rods
- Uses a 4mm hexagonal key to attach the 15mm Rod System to the front of the camera. Can be easily removed when not in use
- Features an easy adjustment system with horizontal adjustment using a small knob and vertical adjustments up to a height of 1 3/8" (3.5cm) to match the height of the video accessory using a 4mm hexagonal key
- Arm1 Telescopic Support Arm
- Manfrotto 233B Camera Mount Bracket
- Offers increased stability and versatility for camera support
- 4" cup provides large surface contact area
- Provides arm extension range of 14-20"
- Allows 360° arm rotation along vertical and horizontal axes
- Allows placement of the cup on stable surfaces such as waist, hip, thigh, or a nearby wall, or on the ground
- Easy attachment and removal of the cup attributes versatility to the telescopic support arm
- Hand6 Quick Handle
- Consists of 2 handles that can be individually rotated through 360° in the vertical plane
- Ergonomically designed for firm grip
- Outfitted with buttons for quick-release and adjustment while shooting
- Handle core is manufactured out of heavy duty technopolymer
- Handles made of non-slip rubber
- Arms of the Quick Handle made of 0.125" thick aluminum
- Pad1 Back Pad
- Adds stability to the Shoulder Rig
- Can be removed from the rig by means of a single knob
- Can be adjusted upwards or downwards through a distance of 0.25 -1" (3cm) and through 360° from left to right
- Compatible with Shape Box and other accessories
- Adds stability and comfort to the Shoulder Rig