The CalDigit SuperSpeed PCI Express Card is the first to offer USB 3.0 connectivity to both Mac and PCs with an available PCIe slot. This 2-port card enables the use of next generation USB technology, capable of speeds up to 5Gb/s. Originally designed for the CalDigit AV Drive, the SuperSpeed Card now opens the door enabling the use of the latest USB 3.0 technology.
- Every CalDigit product is designed with high quality components and the CalDigit SuperSpeed Card is no exception. Utilizing the latest technology, the SuperSpeed Card provides two 5Gb/s USB 3.0 ports on a PCI Express 2.0 card. All components, from the card to the cable, have been tested using a special oscilloscope to ensure optimum performance.
- While Windows users have had access to USB 3.0 drivers for some time, there was never a driver for the Mac. And so, CalDigit's engineers developed the first USB 3.0 driver for Mac OS X. For the first time, both Mac and PC users are able to take advantage of the superior speeds of USB 3.0.
- Ideal for fast storage, the CalDigit SuperSpeed Card was designed to provide the CalDigit AV Drive the fastest connection possible. With speeds of over 145MB/s from a single drive, the AV Drive has become the world's fastest dual interface drive. With new USB 3.0 devices being announced everyday, the CalDigit SuperSpeed Card lets users take advantage of this next generation connectivity.
- The CalDigit SuperSpeed Card comes standard with a high quality USB 3.0 cable. The CalDigit SuperSpeed Card only comes with premium cables that have passed CalDigit's rigorous tests.
- The CalDigit SuperSpeed Card also provides the ability to provide extra power at the connectors. This is ideal for bus powered devices that demand more power than standard USB ports.