The Mbox 3 from Digidesign is a high-quality audio interface and recording system that delivers premium-quality audio in a compact and durable design. The Mbox 3 is designed by the same engineering team behind Pro Tools|HD systems to ensure excellent performance. The Mbox 3 connects to your Mac or PC via a USB 2.0 connection and is totally bus-powered. It supports audio rates up to 24-bit/96kHz and has pro-grade circuitry and converters for clean, clear audio.
The Mbox 3 offers a pair of XLR/TRS combo inputs that accept mic or line level signals and provide 48V phantom power to condenser microphones. The box also has a pair of 1/4" DI instrument inputs on the front panel for easy access. A pair of 1/4" monitor outputs let you connect monitor speakers, mixers, or recorders. Stereo S/PDIF digital I/O connectors allow you to connect digital audio devices, while MIDI I/O connectors provide compatibility with a variety of controllers and devices.
The front panel offers a monitor control section with Mono and Dim controls, as well as a gain controls, and an assignable Pro Tools multifunction button for fast access to software functions. A 1/4" headphone jack with a volume control knob provides private monitoring. A large dedicated monitor volume knob gives you easy control over master volume.
Additional features of the Mbox 3 include integrated DSP for flexible cue mixing and reverb effects, a soft-clip limiter that lets you track hot signals without clipping, and a built-in guitar tuner. The Mbox 3 includes Pro Tools LE 8 software, which has over 70 effects and virtual instruments, plus other tools and features for quick and easy music creation. It also comes loaded with drivers that provide compatibility with Logic, Live, Record, Reason, Fruity Loops, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, and more, allowing you to use your favorite DAW solution.
- Compact and durable design for excellent mobility - ideal for use with laptops
- 4 x 4 simultaneous channels of I/O
- USB 2.0 connection for easy connection to Macs and PCs. The Mbox 3 is fully bus-powered for convenience
- Pro-grade circuitry and converters for exceptional audio performance
- Supports audio rates up to 24-bit/96kHz
- Pair of XLR/TRS combo mic/line inputs with 48V phantom power
- Pair of front-panel 1/4" DI instrument inputs for easy access
- Balanced 1/4" monitor outputs
- Stereo S/PDIF digital I/O connectors allow you to connect digital audio devices
- MIDI I/O connectors provide compatibility with a variety of controllers and devices
- Stereo 1/4" headphone jack with volume control
- Monitor control section with Mono and Dim controls, as well as a gain controls, and an assignable Pro Tools multifunction button for fast access to software functions
- Large dedicated monitor volume knob
- Integrated DSP for flexible cue mixing and reverb effects
- Soft-clip limiter lets you track hot signals without clipping to deliver a classic overdriven tape saturation sound. This is the same limiter found in the Pro Tools|HD 192 I/O interface
- Built-in guitar tuner lets you tune guitars, basses, and other instruments directly from the interface
- Includes Pro Tools LE 8 software with over 70 effects and virtual instruments
- Compatible with most major audio software, including Logic, Live, Record, Reason, Fruity Loops, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, and more