The Internet Security 2011 Software from Kaspersky is a Windows software application that protects your computer against viruses, malware, spyware, trojans, bots, rootkits, and other malicious software. It features a built-in firewall that protects your computer from other attacks originating from the Internet, and parental controls allow you to prevent your children from viewing dangerous or inappropriately risqué websites. A spam filter helps to block junk e-mail from your entering your inbox.
Identity Protection prevents your personal information from being gathered in phishing attacks. Internet Security also includes a Desktop Security Gadget, compatible with Windows Vista and 7, that gives you up-to-date information on your computer's security status. Its Safe Desktop function allows you to run suspicious programs in a quarantined virtual machine, preventing them from infecting the rest of your computer. The software is designed with efficient operation in mind, working behind the scenes to minimize its impact on your system's performance.
- Award-Winning Protection Plus Maximum Performance
- Exceptional antivirus security starts with a powerful database of malware signatures to combat any viruses thrown your way. Kaspersky delivers small, frequent updates to your security databases to guarantee your constant protection while maintaining maximum PC performance. Combined with real-time, cloud-based scanning of files, Internet downloads, and e-mail attachments, Kaspersky's leading technologies ensure you're always safe.
- Real-Time Protection
- Kaspersky's Urgent Detection System offers the ultimate in real-time protection when you surf the web, use e-mail, or download files. Kaspersky's global team of virus analysts can red-flag previously unknown malware within minutes of its inception, giving you the ultimate protection as new threats emerge.
- Two-Way Firewall
- Kaspersky's best-in-class, two-way firewall provides a secure perimeter around your PC to keep hackers out. But it also provides protection in the opposite direction by controlling what's transmitted from your PC to the outside world, stopping malware from sending out your personal information. It's one more layer of defense keeping your personal information from falling into the wrong hands.
- Emerging Threat Detection
- System Watcher is the latest advancement in proactive protection against emerging threats. It monitors and analyzes system activity to detect any dangerous behavior -- without draining performance. Malicious actions can be rolled-back, preventing any permanent damage to your PC.
- Application Control
- Kaspersky's unique Application Control uses real-time threat intelligence to determine security privileges for every application you launch -- without impacting system performance. Unknown or suspicious applications are watched or restricted from potentially-harmful actions, and potentially dangerous applications are completely blocked from harming your system.
- Safe Surf
- Kaspersky's unique Safe Surf provides unparalleled online security, so you'll never stumble onto dangerous or offensive websites. You can customize Safe Surf settings to alert you to suspicious sites, helping you make informed decisions about where to share your personal information.
- Safe Desktop
- Kaspersky's unique Safe Desktop provides an added layer of protection for running suspicious or unknown applications, files, e-mails, and websites. This desktop mimics your actual desktop, but is completely walled-off from your data and PC settings, so you can test-drive anything suspicious with total confidence that no harm will come to your system.
- Online Banking Mode
- Online banking is incredibly convenient, and now it's safer than ever. Simply enable Kaspersky's unique Online Banking mode and your financial websites will automatically open in a special walled-off environment. This extra layer of security keeps hackers out and ensures your financial information is always safe.
- Spam can be more than an annoyance -- it can be a vehicle for delivering malware to your PC. Kaspersky blocks the most common spam e-mails as soon as you install it, but it also trains itself based on your e-mail habits.
- Vulnerability Detection
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus finds vulnerable programs on your PC that haven't been updated with the latest fixes. We assist in patching those holes in your protection before they can be exploited by viruses, spyware, and identity thieves.
- Geo Filter
- Kaspersky's unique Geo Filter lets you block content from specified countries. If you have no interest in content from non-English speaking countries -- which include many with a history of producing malware -- you can prevent that potential malware from reaching your machine. Now you don't have to worry about a perfectly legitimate and trusted English-language website being compromised and sending you malware from an overseas server.
- Rootkit Detection
- Rootkits are designed to conceal system infections, and can be very difficult to detect by common antivirus tools. Kaspersky Anti-Virus uses special methods specifically designed to detect rootkits before they install, ensuring you're protected from this advanced threat.
- Anti-Phishing Defense
- Phishing attacks are becoming more common, and much more tricky. It's increasingly difficult to know if an e-mail is really from your bank, for example, or a cybercriminal trying to lure you into revealing confidential information. Kaspersky maintains and references a robust database of phishing websites, and proactively analyzes URLs to catch new phishing attacks as soon as they emerge. You can be confident that your digital identity is always safe.
- Virtual Keyboard
- Kaspersky's Virtual Keyboard is a special online tool for entering private data such as credit card numbers and passwords. It's an on-screen keyboard you use with a mouse, so the data you enter can't be tracked or stolen by keyloggers, hackers, or identity thieves. It's one more layer of defense ensuring the safety of your digital identity.
- Parental Controls
- Advanced parental controls keep your kids safe and responsible by allowing you to control access to the PC, Internet, applications, games, and websites. Block, limit, or log communications via e-mail, IM, and social networks, and control file downloads. You can even block the transfer of private data such as phone and credit card numbers. With Kaspersky Internet Security, you can protect your kids online even when you're not right there.
- Small, Frequent Updates
- Kaspersky delivers especially-small, frequent updates that won't slow down your computer. You're constantly protected from the latest threats, while they work behind the scenes with minimal drag on your system -- with less than 1% drain on your computer processing power.
- Intelligent Scanning
- Kaspersky's unique technologies keep your system at maximum performance while still delivering premium protection from viruses and spyware. Files are scanned only if they've been opened or modified, and background activities are reduced when you're placing demands on your PC. You can enjoy watching movies, surfing the web, or toggling multiple programs without disruption from your security software.
- Gamer Mode
- Switch on Gamer Mode to block pop-ups and reduce the use of your PC's resources to a bare minimum, so you can frag, pwn, and gloat without any lag. Games won't be interrupted or slowed, and Kaspersky will still block any hackers or malware that try to sneak onto your system.
- Easy-Access Desktop Security Gadget
- Feel confident in your protection status with a quick glance at your desktop. Kaspersky's Desktop Security Gadget prominently displays if your security is up-to-date, or if an action is required. Customizable buttons allow you to have the protection features you use the most close-at-hand. And you can drag and drop files onto the gadget for easy, on-the-spot virus scanning.
- Installation on Infected PCs
- If your PC is so severely infected that no antivirus software can be installed on it, Kaspersky will prompt you to download a proprietary tool to scan and eliminate all threats. If the damage is so severe that the operating system can't even launch correctly, the Kaspersky Anti-Virus installation CD can be used as a bootable Rescue Disk to detect and eliminate all infections. You can then quickly and easily proceed with the product's installation.
- Optimized for Netbooks
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus supports screen resolutions found on netbooks -- including 1024 x 600 and 1366 x 768 -- with no impact on system performance.
- Free Technical Support
- Free North American-based technical support is available via telephone, e-mail, and online chat. Additional support includes FastTrack Support containing an FAQ database, and Kaspersky knowledge base, an online database of detailed answers to questions about installing and using Kaspersky Lab products.