The Q25 from Alesis is a 25-note, velocity-sensitive, MIDI keyboard controller with USB and traditional MIDI ports that allows for connect to almost all MIDI equipment including software and sound modules. Pitch and modulation wheels, backlit octave up and down buttons, and a volume/data entry slider add expression, range, and dynamics to any performance.
The keyboard is class compliant and simple to use. It connects to either a Mac or PC via a single USB cable, which supplies both power and data connection. No need to install any drivers. The unit includes Ableton Live Lite Alesis Edition software, allowing the user to perform, record, and sequence music right out of the box.
The Q25 is also a good choice for controlling hardware MIDI devices. Its compact size and portability make it ideal for fitting into existing live set ups. It can be used as an addition to another keyboard controller simply to send Program Changes messages to change programs, patches, and more.
- 25-note keyboard controller for melodic control of virtually all MIDI hardware and software
- Velocity sensitive keys for expressive, musical performance
- USB MIDI and traditional MIDI for use with Mac and PC, as well as MIDI hardware
- Pitch and Modulation wheels for capturing musical expression
- Backlit Octave Up and Down buttons expand the keyboard's range
- Assignable volume/data-entry slider allows for control of a most-used parameter
- Sustain pedal input for complete performance (pedal sold separately)
- Includes Ableton Live Lite Alesis Edition for recording, sequencing and performing
- Bus powered via USB