If you've long wanted an all-purpose, cordless, battery-free, digital pen for your Intuos4 tablet that can also write in actual ink, well, count your lucky stars! That pen is here. With Wacom's Intuos4 Inking Pen, you can have the immediate feedback of actual ink on paper, plus all the added benefits of a digital tablet pen. Here's how it works: simply place a sheet of paper on top of your tablet and using the special "inking" nib with your Intuos4 inking pen, you can both "draw" on the paper and digitally record the drawing on the tablet. Not to mention, if you would rather take a break from using ink, you can insert Wacom's standard "non-inking" nib into the pen and just use it digitally.
Whether you're using the pen with ink or without, it is both tilt and pressure sensitive. That means, you can digitally capture very light or heavy pen strokes, as if naturally writing or drawing. You have the option to adjust these sensitivities as well. At the pen's lightest pressure sensitivity, it responds to as little as one gram of pressure and can register up to 2048 different levels of pressure. Using the pen in a supported paint or photo program, these sensitivities come in handy for adjusting line weight, brush size, image opacity, or exposure.
Like other Wacom Intuos4 tablet pens, this one can also be used as a mouse. Touching the tip of the pen to the tablet surface performs the "left-click" function. Tapping and dragging the pen on the tablet performs the "click-and-drag" function. Tapping the tablet twice performs the "double-click" function. Although this pen does not have a readily available tap function for right-clicking, you can easily program the "right-click" command into one of the express keys on your pen tablet.
In terms of accessories, included are two standard nibs, three inking nibs, and a convenient pen stand. The stand can hold the pen, some spare nibs, and a nib extractor (not included). This pen is only compatible with Wacom's Intuos4 generation tablets.
- Use the special inking nib to draw or write with ink on a sheet of paper placed over your tablet
- As you write, with ink or without, the tablet digitally records your strokes so that you can save and print out your work
- Pressure and tilt sensitivities provide you with the flexibility to adjust line weight, brush size, image opacity as well as image exposure (in a supported paint or photo program)
- The pen allows double-click, left-click, and drop-and-drag functions so that you can use it as a mouse
- Weighted stand is a convenient way to keep your pen, extra nibs, and nib extractor (not included) handily organized
- One extra standard nib and two extra inking nibs are included for when normal use wears down your originals
- This pen only works with Intuos4 generation tablets