Ivory II Italian Grand from Synthogy is a virtual instrument that features samples of an extraordinary Italian 10 foot Concert Grand Piano. The instrument features a greatly expanded sound set and is fully integrated with the powerful new Ivory II piano DSP engine with Harmonic Resonance Modeling for true Sympathetic String Vibration.
The original sampled piano was handcrafted in Italy and is renowned for its expressive dynamics and full-bodied character. Its tone is remarkably versatile, equally at home in large scale classical works, intimate jazz playing, as well as a full range of pop styles. Additionally, the instrument is captured in great detail with up to 18 velocity levels, additional soft pedal and release samples and pedal noise enhancements.
Sympathetic String Resonance is a long sought after but elusive characteristic of real pianos. Using Harmonic Resonance Modeling (a technology that does not rely upon triggering additional samples, ordinary sine waves, or recordings in any way), allows struck notes that are harmonically related to excite the actual complex overtones of the notes that are being held. This functions in the same manner that un-damped strings ring in a real acoustic piano.
Other features include Half Pedaling, Lid Position, Pedal Noise, and Tuning Tables to provide even greater detail and control. Additionally, features like Timbre Shifting, Parametric EQ, and a Synth Layer controls offer powerful new sound sculpting capabilities for custom piano programming and sound design.
Note! An iLok is required if one is not already on the user's system.
- Over 28GB of world-class samples featuring a premium 10 foot, Italian made Concert Grand
- All 88 keys individually sampled in up to 18 discrete velocity layers with Sample Interpolation Technology for ultra-smooth velocity and note transitions
- Harmonic Resonance Modeling for the most realistic Sympathetic String Resonance possible
- Sustain Resonance DSP for realistic Damper Pedal response
- World class digital FX including Real Ambience, Chorus and EQ
- Customizable user controls for Timbre, Stereo Width and Perspective, Velocity Response, Mechanical Key Noise, Lid Position, Tuning Tables, and more
- Timbre Shifting, Parametric EQ and new Synth Layer controls for powerful sound sculpting capabilities
- Real Release samples, Soft Pedal samples, and Pedal Noise enhancements
- Optional synthesizer pad layer for modern/pop combinations
- Dozens of user-adjustable presets