Traveling and photography--a winning combination that just got huge boost from Casio's Exilim Hi-Zoom EX-H20G Digital Camera With Hybrid GPS (Black), the world's first digital camera with autonomic indoor positioning through Hybrid GPS. Not only does the camera always tell you exactly where on earth you are, it even keeps track of your position when you're indoors, where it can't receive signals from the GPS satellites (that's the autonomic part). When the camera is turned off, it still takes readings every 10 minutes. The result is that you can geotag photos and videos with ultra precision, and you can see your current position on a map displayed right on the camera's bright 3" LCD monitor.
The EX-H20G has a treasure trove of useful travel information in addition to the map--a world atlas including detailed maps of 140 world cities plus 12 cities in Japan, 10,000 photos of popular sights world-wide, digital compass, and a location name database with 1 million entries so the camera can display the name of your location.
And let's not forget that this is a camera--it's got a 14.1MP CCD sensor for high resolution photos, a 10x zoom lens (24-240mm equivalent) that carries you from very wide-angle for landscapes and tight spaces all the way to long telephoto to get you close to your subject (plus macro for ultra close-up photos), Premium Auto setting that automatically optimizes all camera settings for any scene you choose to shoot, built-in flash, white balance options, image stabilization to prevent blurry photos due to hand shake, high sensitivity up to ISO 3200 for low-light pictures and dazzling HD video at 720p resolution. And it does it all with very low power consumption, using just 1 rechargeable lithium-ion battery. It's time to put on those travelin' shoes.
- The First Digital Camera W/Autonomic Indoor Positioning Through Hybrid GPS
- The EX-H20G is equipped with a Hybrid GPS system that combines a GPS engine with autonomic positioning made possible by a motion sensor. Even if no signals are received from GPS satellites when indoors, the system consecutively tracks the user's location by employing an original algorithm using a three-way accelerometer and a three-way direction sensor. When the user goes back outside, the system automatically updates the positional information of the indoor location based on the exact location determined by GPS reception. Even when the camera is powered off, the GPS system continues to search for satellite signals at 10 minute intervals. This is an ideal system for a digital camera, allowing it to immediately track location data at any time and any place.
- Highly Accurate & Speedy Position Tracking, Low Power Consumption
- The EX-H20G employs Casio's advanced low-power technology, which ensures that the camera consumes only a small amount of power. Power consumption is suited for the various situations in which the EX-H20G will be used, including power-on and power-off, satellite acquisition and the three-way accelerometer and direction sensor that work in the background even while the camera is off. With the EX-H20G, users can rest assured knowing that they won't need to sacrifice battery life to enjoy highly precise and speedy position tracking.
- Complete W/Wide Range of Functions Useful for Traveling
Contains world atlas data including detailed maps of 140 world cities and 12 cities in Japan
User's location and photos and movies taken are displayed on a map
Photos are saved with the location information, including longitude and latitude, shooting direction, and place names
About 10,000 photos of popular sightseeing spots around the world are included in the internal memory
Users can leverage the camera's digital compass and map to determine the most appropriate route
Location name and other data can be embedded in the photo when taken
H.264 video format grants longer recording time for 720p HD Movies
Travel memories can be reproduced vividly on a large-screen TV in a slideshow with a map using an HDMI terminal
- Premium Auto Function Produces Beautiful Photos W/Just a Press of the Shutter Button
- Premium Auto enables the camera to automatically analyze the scene being photographed - including distinguishing night scenes, back lighting, a blue sky, green trees or a sunset - as well as sensing whether there is a face in the frame, the movement and position of the subject, and whether a tripod is being used. It simultaneously optimizes settings for exposure, ISO, sensitivity, focus location, photo blur correction, tonal range and color balance, and level of noise reduction. Images are analyzed pixel by pixel to apply different correction to people and backgrounds. Premium Auto delivers an advanced level of full auto photography, ensuring high quality photos with just a press of the shutter button. Landscape Makeup processing, which creates clearer landscape photographs, operates automatically.
- Equipped W/Newly Developed EXILIM Engine HS
- The newly developed EXILIM Engine HS for advanced image processing boasts a multi-CPU and two parallel image processors, enabling the EX-H20G to accurately capture the genuine character of photo subjects with high-speed.
- Powerful Zoom Maintains High-Resolution Image Quality Through 15x
- The EX-H20G is outfitted with a 24mm ultra wide-angle, 10x optical zoom lens which offers a 35mm film equivalent focal length of 24mm-240mm. To enhance the zoom range even further, Casio incorporated its Single Frame SR Zoom in the EX-H20G, which extends the camera's 35mm film equivalent telephoto focal length to 360mm, for 1.5 times the optical zoom or a total zoom range of 15x. Furthermore, the EX-H20G features built-in CCD-shift image stabilization to help reduce photo blur from hand movement. These features allow users to photograph any kind of scene, from enormous structures in sightseeing areas to scenic views at a distance.
- Dynamic Photo Function for Creating Composite Moving Images
- These EX-H20G also features Casio's Dynamic Photo function, which makes it easy for users to create "moving photos" right on the camera by cutting moving subjects from the background in images taken with continuous shooting, and combining those images on a different still or moving image background. With Dynamic Photo, it is possible to make multiple characters move independently of each other against a background of moving images up to as long as 20 seconds. These capabilities encourage users to explore their creativity and make it more fun to create images. Sharing is also simplified as included software makes it easy to upload images to YouTube or post them to a blog.