Made to work in complete darkness, MiniPlus IR is an LED light source that paradoxically produces no visible light. It's ideal for nature videographers documenting elusive nocturnal animals, creative effects in reality TV projects and surveillance purposes.
Since one unit can light up a room if bounced off of the ceiling, this Litepanels MiniPlus IR - 1 Lite Kit contains everything the videographer needs to get started. The MiniPlus' 50 LED array runs on the included universal AC power supply / charger or the kit's snap-in 12V battery which powers the light for up to 2 hours. A convenient "fuel gauge" indicator lets you know when to swap batteries. The MiniPlus IR dims 100 - 0% with minimal shift. An optional 6' dimming module with 2 10' extensions is available for remote dimming. A jumper cable to connect the head to the battery and a D-Tap power cable round out the kit along with a hard carrying case to house it all.
Litepanels was at the vanguard of a lighting revolution which resulted in innovative fixtures which are used widely in broadcast, Pro A/V, on film sets and for news gathering applications. The benefits of using a Litepanels LED are many. The low-profile fixtures made of robust materials are virtually heat-free, allowing users to squeeze a light into tight places without damage.
Litepanels products are a deep shade of green, that is, extremely eco-friendly. The LED source typically lasts up to 50,000 hours, is virtually maintenance-free and runs on 5% of the power it takes for traditional fixtures. That means less wattage consumed and no lamp replacement cost. That is one very light carbon footprint!
- Litpanels Proprietary IR LEDs
- For the infrared model, Litepanels has engineered unique LEDs to meet the rigorous needs of professional night photography. The lamps are positioned in the optimum array to provide the ideal degree of output.
- The Mini IR Design
- The Mini IR is encased in a compact, rectangular housing of durable black anodized aluminum. Lightweight and low-profile, the unit attaches easily to just about any camera, mounts on a car ceiling, in the corner of a room, on a wall, or elsewhere for unobtrusive, out-of-sight illumination.
- Control at Your Fingertips
- The MiniPlus Infrared features Litepanels' integrated dimmer control knob for instant dimming from 100% to 0. For close-up work, the unit comes equipped with a custom-designed, extremely high efficiency diffusion filter.
- Power Efficient
- Like all Litepanels products, the Mini IR requires minimum power. This ultra-efficient unit draws an average of just 0.83 amps at 12V DC (10W). It runs off of a variety of 10 - 30V sources, including a standard camera battery, car battery, AC adapter, or snap-on NiMH 2+ hour battery pack. The optional DV Battery Adapter Plate facilitates powering off of existing DV camera batteries.
- Multiple Options
- Litepanels' MiniPlus IR is available as a single head or in a kit including the head, battery pack, power adapter, hot shoe adapter and more, in a convenient carrying case.
- MiniPlus IR Advantages
- Heat-free LED technology
- Integrated dimmer 100 - 0%
- 50,000+ hour bulb life
- Highly efficient
- Snap-on 2+ hour rechargeable battery pack
- DC-run from battery, camera or car (10 - 30V)
- AC-run from adapter (100 - 240V)
- Handsome rectangular design
- Integrated heatsink
- IR high-efficiency diffusion filter
- Optional DV battery adapter plate to run from existing camera batteries
- Two optional DV camera batteries