The SANbox 5602Q 8-Port 4 GB Dual Hot Swappable Fibre Channel Switch from QLogic lets you scale with the company's needs using the state of the art 10 Gb Fibre Channel stacking technology typically found only in high end director products. As proven in the Ethernet world, stackable architectures cut cost and increase stability by providing a dedicated, highly expandable transport for aggregate ISL traffic, eliminating the disruption, port waste and management hassle associated with using regular device ports for inter switch links. The QLogic makes switches affordable with low initial cost, less expansion cost and longer product and topology lifespan. You can stack switches quickly and easily on a single device. The switch is easy to install and manage with fast, reliable 4 Gb performance and full bandwidth architecture.
- Low Initial Cost
- The dual speed Q-Logic 5602Q provides superior performance that is competitive with single speed, non stacking edge switches.
- Reduced Expansion Costs
- With no device ports wasted on ISLs, multi-switch Q-Logic 5602Q networks require up to 50 percent fewer switches.
- Longer Product and Topology Lifespan
- Often customers are forced to take a non linear rip and replace approach to SAN growth, offering a limited solution at the low end, followed by a radically different and much more expensive architecture as the installation matures. The Q-Logic 5602Q's modular ISL backbone helps customers pace investments and deployment activities predictably over time, with fewer wrong turns and reversals even when corporate strategies and directions change. The Q-Logic 5602Q ensures that every SAN purchase remains a viable part of the infrastructure far into the future.
- Flexible Port Licensing on a Single Switch
- Q-Logic 5602Q is available in a range of port count configurations. As requirements change, it's easy to activate additional ports in a set of four port increment using the embedded QuickTools interface or the command line interface.
- High-speed Backbone for Multiple Switches
- You simply need to turn on the plug and play stacking ports for the quickest and cost effective way to set up a multi-switch SAN. The Q-Logic 5602Q offers industry standard 10GB Fibre Channel ISLs on both core and edge switches which means you will never need to unplug a device cable or disrupt a device, no matter how large your fabric grows.
- Installation and Configuration Wizards
- From basic switch setup to advanced zoning and extended distance configuration, the Q-Logic 5602Q has automated routines to make deployment a snap. Installation is a three step, point and click process and its self-configuring switch ports automatically adjust to 4GB device speeds.
- On-board GUI
- There is no need to load any software. You just have to point a web browser at any switch and manage the entire fabric from that location. The web-based QuickTools interface has everything you need for basic fabric management. For advanced administration of larger SANs, the optional Enterprise Fabric Suite application provides an unprecedented level of intuitive control.
- Stack Management
- With Enterprise Fabric Suite, you can manage stacks of 5000 Series products as a single device, loading firmware, applying security changes and handling user and SNMP administration for up to six switches simultaneously.
- Adaptive Trunking
- There is no extra cost or complicated license schemes involved. The built-in Q-Logic exclusive trunking feature optimizes ISL usage and performance by pooling the capacity of multiple 4GB links in a single high bandwidth pipeline. Trunks are automatically employed as needed, eliminating the need for manual configuration. Unlike other trunking implementations, trunked ports do not need to be sequential and can even be spread across multiple switches. The industry standard switch on exchange method supports intelligent path selection, fabric shortest path first and then virtual trunking.
- It has Embedded Java web applet for device discovery, device management, zoning and fabric management. QuickTools includes the configuration wizard and Q-Logic 5602Q's exclusive drag and drop zoning which is the industry's most intuitive zoning method.
- Fabric Security
- The 5602Q switch provides the right mix of protection features for user, connection and device security. It supports remote authentication dial in-user service, SSH and SSL encryption. Device connection security conforms to the Fibre Channel Security Protocol, DH-CHAP and FC-GS-4 CT.
- Enterprise Fabric Suite
- Control software costs while managing the SAN your way with unprecedented precision. Enterprise Fabric Suite bundles high value enterprise features in a single site licensed package, including Fabric Tracker, Performance View, Port Threshold Alarms, Stack Management and the mPort technology movable port activation. You'll spend less time and money, licensing individual features and worrying about "balloon payment" per-switch fees as your SAN grows.
- Comprehensive set of diagnostic tools for troubleshooting problems in your fabric. SANdoctor includes SFP digital diagnostics, Fibre Channel trace route and Fibre Channel ping.
- Fully Compatible with Other Q-Logic Switches
Mix and match in stacks with all 5000 series products. The Q-Logic 5602Q's management tools are 100-percent backward compatible with full support for previous generation switches.
Interoperable with All Major Storage, Server, Application and Infrastructure Vendors
Q-Logic products are designed for heterogeneous operating system environments including Windows, UNIX, Linux, AIX, Mac OS, Solaris and others. SNMP, an API and the SMI-S agent are supported for integration into popular third party management applications.
- Virtualization Support
- N_Port ID virtualization support comes standard with the Q-Logic 5602Q, allowing full integration and interoperability with applications such as VMWare and hardware such as the IBM intelligent pass-thru module and the HP VC-FC blade switch modules. The Q-Logic 5602Q delivers end to end NPIV support on adapters and switches.
- The Most Cost-Effective Way to Build a SAN
- SANbox 5602Q lets you start small, then scale with your company's needs using state-of-the-art 10Gb Fibre Channel "stacking" technology typically found only in high-end director products. As proven in the Ethernet world, stackable architectures cut costs and increase stability by providing a dedicated, highly-expandable transport for aggregate ISL traffic - eliminating the disruption, port waste, and management hassles associated with using regular device ports for inter-switch links. It's like having the performance and hands-off convenience of an expensive chassis switch - without the cost overhead of a chassis!