Destined to be chosen as an ideal take-along optic for anyone traveling light - the Silverline 8x20 BCA Monocular from Leica will delight all-sorts of viewing enthusiasts with style, elegance, a remarkable level of optical performance and its lightweight aluminum housing.
Sporting 8x magnification, the Silverline 8x20 Monocular's optical system features a high-grade roof prism, AquaDura lens coatings, and nitrogen fill for clarity in any climate - it's fully fogproof and watertight to a depth of 5.0 m/16.5'.
Depending upon your point of view - The Monovid can be used as a mini-telescope, 1/2 a binocular, or a macroscope. It's light, small, stealthy, and quite luxurious - whether you're scoping a performer on stage, glassing the tree line for the ultimate bird, or investigating the intricate subtleties of a Nautilus shell - you'll be glad you have it so easily accessible.
Inside the Monovid's elegant leather carry case there's a special pocket for a very special attachment - the close-up lens. Installing this accessory onto the monocular allows viewers to achieve 8x magnification at distances as close as 9.8"/ 25 cm - this macro-effect viewing is excellent for observing the finest details that are often impossible to see through larger optics.
- Optical Performance
- Roof prism with P40 phase-correction coating
- AquaDura & HDC optical coatings repel water and dirt
- Close-up accessory lens for macro observation: focuses to 9.8-11"/25-30 cm
- Construction Details
- Watertight to a depth of 5 m/16.5'
- Nitrogen filled aluminum housing is water and fogproof
- Handy, versatile, and weighs in at only 4 oz / 112 g
- Use and Handling
- Internal focusing via central focusing knob
- Leather case with silent magnetic fastener and close-up lens compartment
- Eyepieces for eyeglass wearers and sliding eyecups