This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
This Ikelite 5670.01 Underwater Video Housing is a compact mechanical underwater housing designed for the Panasonic HM-TA1 camcorder. The housing is incredibly compact and simple to use. All controls are fully functional through the housing except the "Light" button. The housings allow you to take video at depths down to 200' (60m). The easy open latch and drop in camera loading makes setting up the housing a breeze.
The ocean is one big, blue filter. As you descend, the reds and oranges quickly become muted shades of blue and gray. The included UR/Pro color correcting filter for tropical blue water replaces some of the reds and your video will have a more natural tone. The filter is effective in 80' of water or less, depending on conditions. An optional #6441.71 color filter is available for use in green water.
Another way to correct for underwater color loss is by shining a color-corrected light source on your subject. The Ikelite Pro-V8 LED Video Lite is perfect to bring back the ocean's true colors. The Pro-V8 features a warm, even 45° beam angle with a 10-hour burn time. The flex arm allows the light to be repositioned effortlessly. The optional Video Compact Tray #9523.51 is required. The camera's built-in light is blocked by the housing port and is not usable for underwater video.
The closer you are to your subject the better your underwater video will be. The use of a wide-angle lens allows this to happen. By eliminating as much water as possible between you and your subject, you will increase contrast and improve color. You can attach the optional 67mm threaded #6420 Ikelite W-20 lens to the housing using the optional port adapter #9306.78. The wide angle conversion lens can be attached and removed when underwater for maximum versatility.
- Housing is compatible with the Panasonic HM-TA1 Camcorder only
- Built from strong and corrosion-resistant clear polycarbonate injection-molded, allowing visual inspection of the camcorder, control functions, and all sealing surfaces
- Dependable mechanical controls are sealed with Quad-Ring seal glands
- All controls are fully functional through the housing except the "Light" button
- Color Corrector Filter
- The UR/Pro color-correcting filter enhances the warm reds and oranges that are lost underwater. The filter secures to the outside of the port offering easy installation and removal. Provides quality results with available sunlight underwater to 80' depth
- 67mm wide-angle lenses are compatible with the optional port adapter #9306.78