The Oxygen 88 from M-Audio is an 88-key controller that delivers a highly expressive playing experience, while at the same time being lightweight for its size. Designed to satisfy players who need the feel of a piano combined with the power of a modern MIDI controller, the graded hammer-action keybed offers an impressive feel and response - while 32 assignable buttons, knobs, and faders provide complete control over your music software. The keyboard is the perfect item to go from studio to stage.
Designed to emulate the feel and response of a real acoustic piano, the graded hammer action delivers keys that are slightly heavier in the bass and lighter in the treble areas, with a choice of four highly musical velocity curves. The keyboard also provides three pedal inputs so you can incorporate two sustain pedals and one expression pedal for total piano-style control over your performance.
A DirectLink mode automatically maps the onboard controls to common DAW functions, including transport, mixer, track pan, and plug-in parameters. Built-in factory presets provide instant mapping to many popular virtual instruments. Dedicated Track up/down buttons let you navigate from track to track at the touch of a button, while dedicated Select buttons allow for quickly switching MIDI channels. Assignable pitch bend and modulation wheels add feeling and expression to your performance.
Four customizable zones with dedicated buttons enable you to layer sounds, split the keyboard, and create huge, stacked patches. Three unique select buttons make it easy to step through presets, program changes, and MIDI channels on the fly, while two dedicated snapshot buttons instantly send parameters to your software. Dedicated transpose/octave buttons complete the package.
- 88-note graded hammer-action keybed with 4 selectable velocity curves
- 8 MIDI-assignable knobs
- 9 MIDI-assignable 60mm faders
- 9 MIDI-assignable buttons
- 6 dedicated transport controls
- 4 zones and dedicated zone buttons for layering and splitting sounds on the keyboard
- Dedicated track up/down buttons
- Dedicated octave up/down buttons
- Assignable pitch bend and modulation wheels
- 2 dedicated snapshot buttons (advance and mute)
- 3 unique select buttons for on-the-fly step-through of presets, program changes, and MIDI channels
- 3-digit LED
- DirectLink mode automatically maps controls to common DAW parameters
- 2 sustain pedal inputs and a single expression pedal input
- MIDI Out port
- USB port for computer connection and bus-powered operation
- 9VDC power jack
- Class-compliant with Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Mac OS X
- Lightweight for its size
- Compatible with Pro Tools and other digital audio workstation software
Factory presets map controllers to popular music software: