Fitting easily on your desk or in tight spaces, the Audioengine N22 Desktop Amplifier's upright design also has function benefits. Since this amp rests vertically on an integrated stand, it's able to cool itself through passive convection without the need for a fan or heatsink. Visually, the N22 looks other worldly, but using it is as familiar as it gets. The front panel has only an integrated on/off switch, headphone jack and one simple analog volume control; nothing else to figure out. Headphone enthusiasts should know that the N22 includes a high-performance, low-noise discrete amplifier which works well with all types of headphones and earphones.
Around back of the N22, users can choose from two inputs. There is an RCA and a 3.5mm mini-jack input, as well as a variable preamp line-out. Both inputs are active and require no input switch. You can charge iPods and other similar products from the USB power port or you can use the USB port to power Audioengine wireless adapters, which make it possible to stream music wirelessly from your computer or iPod. For speaker hook-up, you have front / rear channels with left / right 5-way, gold-plated binding post connections.
This amp makes sense if you're looking for more power in a smaller size. Connect your iPod, computer, and speakers or headphones for a great-sounding personal stereo system. Even a subwoofer can be added to the system. Plus, all Audioengine speakers and amplifiers share a similar "voicing" and tuning, so you'll be assured a matched system no matter which of their products you decide to add to your amplifier.
- Upright Design
- With a satin-black finish and integrated stand to keep the N22 upright, Audioengine combines looks and performance. The unique upright design cools down the N22 with passive convection instead of using fans or heatsinks. It also can easily fit in tighter spaces for added convenience. Perfectly suited for your desktop or a smaller space in your home or office, the N22 is easy to connect to your Mac or PC with no software to install or settings to change.
- Discrete Headphone Amplifier
- For headphone enthusiasts the N22 includes a high-performance, low-noise discrete amplifier which works well with all types of headphones and earphones
- Standby Idle
- A standby idle mode is included to conserve power when you're not playing music.
- Active Audio Inputs
- Both audio inputs on the N22 are active, so two audio sources may be connected to the amplifier at the same time without the need for an input switch. You can choose between an RCA and a 3.5mm mini-jack.
- USB Charge / Power Port
- There's a built-in power port for iPod charging while listening to your music. The USB connector allows you to charge and power your iPod, iPhone, Audioengine wireless adapters or any other USB powered product. USB is for power only, not audio or data transfer.
- Wireless Ready
- The USB port can also power Audioengine's wireless adapters to stream your music wirelessly from your computer or iPod.
- Audioengine Sound
- Closing the gap between computer and home audio, all Audioengine speakers and amplifiers share a similar "voicing" and tuning, so that you are assured a matched system no matter which of their products you decide to add to your system.